Have Derby County been treated unfairly by the EFL

Curtains

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The thing you have to remember about being in administration is "the business has gone bust" - Whilst things like contracts not being offered to academy players was depressing, it's entirly understandable. You'll find plenty of (wrong,  I hasten to add) folks who think the EFL were "really helpful to DCFC" by not doing everything they could possibly have done to throw us out of the league (becasue bills kept getting paid when they were due throughout the administration) whilst we were in administraiton. I was a very painful time, but there is no business going into administration that isn't painful, and logically, how can a business that is insolvent be handing out contracts above what has already which hasn't been sufficient to keep it viable as a business.

I'll never forgive Mel Morris for that decision. Almost everything else, even the bad or questionable things, i can can give some leaway to. BUt for what he did, yeah. Get in the bin.

I was only thinking of extending existing low cost contracts and offering minimal 1st year pro terms to protect the value of the assets which in turn provides the potential for the Administrator to obtain a better return for creditors. As it was, the creditors got no value from those players and the lower fees received in compensation merely went towards keeping the club going.  Allowing something like that wouldn't worsen the position of existing creditors or create new unsecured creditors. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I think the EFL rules preventing DCFC from extending the contracts of Academy professionals on low wages and offering professional contracts to players turning 17 robbed DCFC of sufficient players to run functioning teams below 1st team level, put additional strain on those youngsters left behind, presented bargains to clubs that we owed nothing to, and potentially robbed unsecured creditors from receiving further funds over and above what any prospective owner was willing to pay (eg : if DCFC had been able to extend Ebosele's  contract on the proviso that any profit from a future transfer was split in an agreed proportion between the club and unsecured creditors, it would at least have meant potentially more money for creditors and no unearned bargain for Udineseford. It would also have meant that, in the event that the club was liquidated, the EFL would have been able to claim higher compensation from any club wishing to acquire their registrations). Their short-sighted rule also, in the case of Ebosele, meant that his Irish club missed out on a healthy sell-on fee. 

This is by far the worst aspect of it all even now. Why punish the club and new owner further by not being to sign the few remaining youngsters on longer contracts (not talking huge wages) just longer contracts? Also protects the youngsters themselves

I feel let down because Mel thought he was too clever for the EFL.  He ought to have known they wouldn’t have allowed his alternative method of amortisation.

He’d have stood more chance if he’d asked the whole league representatives about maybe doing it before doing it.  Then clubs couldn’t feel aggrieved about his club having an unfair advantage.  But, it seems he thought he could actually get them on strings, but it backfired spectacularly.

But, maybe he had no other choice but to chance it as we’d be fined heavily and given points (which ultimately happened) anyway.

Theres a tiny part of me that thinks he knew the EFL wouldn’t allow Derby to be liquidated.  I agree with that too tbh.

2 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Are you trying to say he paid all DCFC owed in full and DCFC didn’t lay people off when we went into administration 

Don’t lots of businesses go into administration.

Leicester City did and then won the Premier League .

Mel obviously over reached to get to Premier League and we were close with Lampard .

Never forget Leeds away .

Just now, Curtains said:

Don’t lots of businesses go into administration.

Leicester City did and then won the Premier League .

Mel obviously over reached to get to Premier League and we were close with Lampard .

Never forget Leeds away .

This was one person effecting his loyal fanbase and local business which also employed loyal supporters.

Are you totally blind to this?

Just now, Boycie said:

This was one person effecting his loyal fanbase and local business which also employed loyal supporters.

Are you totally blind to this?

Of course not and you know I’m not .

People have to be careful what they say as it can be libelous . 

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

As far as Mel Morris is concerned, this Derby County fan calls him a massive cnut. 

Careful enough for you?

Wasn’t talking about Mel on that point .

It was a generic point 

Edited by Curtains
Added