Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

50 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

After a quick tally up we've just dipped below 2000 left, with 1940 tickets remianing. 3 hours 20 minutes ago it was 2035 so we've sold 95 in that time. That works out to be 40.77 tickets per hour. There's 72 hours and 45 minutes until kick off on Saturday, if the average maintains for the entire time that's 2966 tickets sold. I'd imagine those who are going have already got their tickets, so the curve will increasingly flatten the nearer to kick off that we get.

With this in mind, the attendance vs Oxford on the first day at 31,053 will hopefully be realistic. It's looking heavily likely to be the second attendance over 30k this season for us. Despite all the praise for our support last season, a 30k plus crowd was only achieved twice then.

72 hours and 45 minutes eh? I bet the bookings will be flooding in between 11pm and 6am. ?

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Agree. Pitch was awful with ball bouncing and zinging. If we have a cold sunny day I fancy us to run riot; if McDick clicks we ‘ll blow away the Bolton …erm wall of bricks. Knight in advanced role key, as is Barks. They’ll try and snuff out Bird to cut off our supply so Houri needs to be at it again. Hope Cashin is ok because Curtis is very rusty and not ready to start. 

Good call about Mcdick. He missed the reverse fixture due to illness didn't he? His class could/should make the difference this time. 

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

After a quick tally up we've just dipped below 2000 left, with 1940 tickets remianing. 3 hours 20 minutes ago it was 2035 so we've sold 95 in that time. That works out to be 40.77 tickets per hour. There's 72 hours and 45 minutes until kick off on Saturday, if the average maintains for the entire time that's 2966 tickets sold. I'd imagine those who are going have already got their tickets, so the curve will increasingly flatten the nearer to kick off that we get.

With this in mind, the attendance vs Oxford on the first day at 31,053 will hopefully be realistic. It's looking heavily likely to be the second attendance over 30k this season for us. Despite all the praise for our support last season, a 30k plus crowd was only achieved twice then.

Good work @Ram@Lincoln and great numerical reasoning but last 2 home games we projected 30k crowds based on seat counts availability but each was just around 26.5k so maybe we have to factor in a 5-7% absence dampening factor? Ie seats sold but occupant absent 

Edited by Ellafella

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

72 hours and 45 minutes eh? I bet the bookings will be flooding in between 11pm and 6am. ?

Obviously this won't be the case, so allowing a steady 9 hours per day, that's circa 1200 tickets sold. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good work @Ram@Lincoln and great numerical reasoning but last 2 home games we projected 30k crowds based on seat counts availability but each was just around 26.5k so maybe we have to factor in a 5-7% absence dampening factor? Ie seats sold but occupant absent 

The likes of Cambridge and Accrington have struggled selling 500 tickets each so there's an instant 2.5k plus gap in the attendance. We've average just under 27k, so I'd assume circa 26.5k tickets sold. The current capacity is around 32.2k as Birmingham last season was sold out at 32,211. Since we already know Bolton have sold out a full allocation of 3.1k, maximum capacity will be hit with all 1.9k remaining tickets sold. Therefore, that gives us a current tally of 30.3k. With two full days left, plus the rest of today and Saturday morning, I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect 700 tickets to be sold - giving a grand total of 31k, making this Warne's biggest home crowd by around 2.5k. 

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

East stand more or less sold out now 3 blocks sold in north stand upper I would say heading for a sell out.

I often hear about tickets going spare. Most are S T holders who can’t make it or the cold puts them off. We could advertise these tickets but it could put the walk up fans off buying from DCFC.

1894 left ?…… good fun this 

capacity 32,200 ish.

3% no show (including Mucker1884, apology accepted)  = 909

Allowing for a sales rate of 30 per hour reducing at a rate of 5% plus or minus a standard deviation of 2.256 over the remaining 60 ish hours plus a further reduction due to sub zero temperatures I predict an attendance of 30,254, +/- 1042 therefore within the range of 29,212 and 31,296 approximately give or take a few

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The absence dampening factor where seats are sold but occupant absent requires to be factored into the 26.5k that are actually there in body, but unfortunately never there in mind!

And if there’s about 3.5k seats sold, but empty seats on match day, can I sneak in, and sit in just one of these seats as I’m absolutely skint and always available for a freebie, known as the freebie, it’s fkn freezing factor!

Ps……has anyone seen my hot water bottle, I left it round here, somewhere?

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Agree. Pitch was awful with ball bouncing and zinging. If we have a cold sunny day I fancy us to run riot; if McDick clicks we ‘ll blow away the Bolton …erm wall of bricks. Knight in advanced role key, as is Barks. They’ll try and snuff out Bird to cut off our supply so Houri needs to be at it again. Hope Cashin is ok because Curtis is very rusty and not ready to start. 

We lose control of midfield if Knight is too advanced. Need him in the engine room 

Edited by kevinhectoring

43 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Id personally start both McG & Collins, I feel we always look better with McG playing just behind Collins. 

Would mean Knight going to the bench but as shown in previous games his energy off the bench can make a difference against tired legs.

Midfield without Knight

giphy.gif

Can't lose Knights energy to facilitate Collins, he isn't offering enough.  Could play him up front with a pacy striker and alternate one up top with two wide but I see no sign Warne would use that option. 

9 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I couldn't help myself do a quick recount, apparently 9 hours on. And we're at 1750 unsold. Just over 20 per hour. Make of it what y'all will.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I couldn't help myself do a quick recount, apparently 9 hours on. And we're at 1750 unsold. Just over 20 per hour. Make of it what y'all will.

Rather exciting all these recounts ? Here's the latest at 10:50am, 1661 tickets to go. Circa 750 of these in the North East family corner.

28 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Rather exciting all these recounts ? Here's the latest at 10:50am, 1661 tickets to go. Circa 750 of these in the North East family corner.

You can tell that the January period is absolutely dead in my industry. Here's the latest 1636 to go. 25 sold in 30 minutes.