Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

2 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Step up extremely experienced official JEREMY Simpson we have come across him loads over the years mostly refs in the Championship. 

One of, if not, the worst referee I have seen officiate a game.

Some of his Derby game highlights that I can remember. Common theme seems to be his incompetent time keeping.

Derby 1-1 Norwich (2018) - Gives Maddison a penalty for diving.
Forest 0-0 Derby (2018) - Harshly sends off Huddlestone for a second yellow card.
West Brom 2-0 Derby (2020) - Sends off Sibley despite him doing nothing wrong, red card later rescinded by the FA.
Derby 1-2 QPR (2021) - Again, timewasting galore from QPR and only adds on 3 minutes, there was a head injury for 5 minutes.
Derby 1-2 Millwall (2022) - Gives everything to Millwall all game, adds on 4 minutes added time despite Millwall timewasting all game, doesn't book their player for this: 

Sounds like he's having a good season so far too:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/23100431.bradford-city-receive-ref-apology-swindon-penalty/

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/paul-ince-reading-burnley-highlights-25388092

Edited by Jubbs

We will need to be better thane we were in the reverse fixture. Weather conditions on the day weren't conducive to getting the ball down and playing but I felt we didn't do the dirty work well enough in that game.

We didn't win enough second balls and when we did everything was very hurried with no real thought put into it. We did however come away with a share of the spoils which suggests if we do bring our 'A' game to this one then we have a real chance of taking all 3pts. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'd be disappointed if it's less than 29,000 if there are just over 2000 left as at Tuesday afternoon and the away end is sold out.

I meant my original post to be slightly humorous, as in previous games this year the on line ticket counting weirdos like me seem to see very few left , and then , 6000 empty seat on match day ?

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Smith   Forsyth   Cashin   Sibley

Bird   Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: Loach, Davies, Roberts, Tommo, Dobbin, Springett, Collins

I think this is the team. Genuinely alarming to discover the ref. We really need to be more active at calling out play acting by our opponents and the crowd need to play their part in that too. In the pre-match interviews, I would like it to be stressed that the ref has wrongly sent off our players before and been pulled up for it, and we hope he doesn't again.

The problem with being so far behind the leaders is that it means there is so little margin for error. Plymouth based on season-long form are looking at 99 points, and Sheffield Wednesday 97. To be in the mix for that we have to win 18 of our remaining 21 games, which we're not going to do. Instead, we have to hope something like 93 points will be enough for autos which means 2.33 points a game from now on, or 14 points from every 6 matches. Of the final 21 games that would mean at least 15 wins, with plenty of draws too. And it also means beating our rivals when we play them. Bolton are one of our rivals, also hoping to go on an unlikely run. Already this looks "must win" if we're to have a chance.