Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think this is the team. Genuinely alarming to discover the ref. We really need to be more active at calling out play acting by our opponents and the crowd need to play their part in that too. In the pre-match interviews, I would like it to be stressed that the ref has wrongly sent off our players before and been pulled up for it, and we hope he doesn't again.

The problem with being so far behind the leaders is that it means there is so little margin for error. Plymouth based on season-long form are looking at 99 points, and Sheffield Wednesday 97. To be in the mix for that we have to win 18 of our remaining 21 games, which we're not going to do. Instead, we have to hope something like 93 points will be enough for autos which means 2.33 points a game from now on, or 14 points from every 6 matches. Of the final 21 games that would mean at least 15 wins, with plenty of draws too. And it also means beating our rivals when we play them. Bolton are one of our rivals, also hoping to go on an unlikely run. Already this looks "must win" if we're to have a chance.

Hourihane has been good at this all season.  He often used to turn around aghast at how little s*** we gave incompetent refs at the start of the season.  Not getting in the refs face was a big factor in the defeat to Port Vale and away draws which should have been wins  when they let them get away with right agricultural s***. Something Bird needs to do more of I feel. Those missed penalties at Morecambe might be a two lost point moment at the end of the season as well mind.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hourihane has been good at this all season.  He often used to turn around aghast at how little s*** we gave incompetent refs at the start of the season.  Not getting in the refs face was a big factor in the defeat to Port Vale and away draws which should have been wins  when they let them get away with right agricultural s***. Something Bird needs to do more of I feel. Those missed penalties at Morecambe might be a two lost point moment at the end of the season as well mind.

This is one of Hourihane's strengths and I hope our younger players learn from it. In terms of the dark arts of football, it was interesting to listen to Smith on Radio Derby last week. He'd looked to be struggling with a knock during the second half and in the post-match was asked how bad the injury was. He laughed and said he was fine - just a case of game management, running down the clock. 

10 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

DT was reporting that Cash should be ok for the weekend.

Hope so - will make a massive difference.  Not surprised tho that they were cautious on Saturday and am sure they’ll take the same line against Bolton if there’s any doubt. There’s a lot of the season left 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is one of Hourihane's strengths and I hope our younger players learn from it. In terms of the dark arts of football, it was interesting to listen to Smith on Radio Derby last week. He'd looked to be struggling with a knock during the second half and in the post-match was asked how bad the injury was. He laughed and said he was fine - just a case of game management, running down the clock. 

I've absolutely no problem with the act itself, but I really don't see the sagacity of not only admitting it in a publicly aired interview, but also laughing about it.

Gob shut, or blatant lie.  Either is a much better option!  ?

23 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We will need to be better thane we were in the reverse fixture. Weather conditions on the day weren't conducive to getting the ball down and playing but I felt we didn't do the dirty work well enough in that game.

We didn't win enough second balls and when we did everything was very hurried with no real thought put into it. We did however come away with a share of the spoils which suggests if we do bring our 'A' game to this one then we have a real chance of taking all 3pts. 

Agree. Pitch was awful with ball bouncing and zinging. If we have a cold sunny day I fancy us to run riot; if McDick clicks we ‘ll blow away the Bolton …erm wall of bricks. Knight in advanced role key, as is Barks. They’ll try and snuff out Bird to cut off our supply so Houri needs to be at it again. Hope Cashin is ok because Curtis is very rusty and not ready to start. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Agree. Pitch was awful with ball bouncing and zinging. If we have a cold sunny day I fancy us to run riot; if McDick clicks we ‘ll blow away the Bolton …erm wall of bricks. Knight in advanced role key, as is Barks. They’ll try and snuff out Bird to cut off our supply so Houri needs to be at it again. Hope Cashin is ok because Curtis is very rusty and not ready to start. 

Warn has said cashin is fine and ready to go.

52 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think about 1k left I think now mate east stand got two blocks left

Most Toyota west stand has now sold and two block in north stand have sold we are looking at around 31k for saturday but I could be wrong.

After a quick tally up we've just dipped below 2000 left, with 1940 tickets remianing. 3 hours 20 minutes ago it was 2035 so we've sold 95 in that time. That works out to be 40.77 tickets per hour. There's 72 hours and 45 minutes until kick off on Saturday, if the average maintains for the entire time that's 2966 tickets sold. I'd imagine those who are going have already got their tickets, so the curve will increasingly flatten the nearer to kick off that we get.

With this in mind, the attendance vs Oxford on the first day at 31,053 will hopefully be realistic. It's looking heavily likely to be the second attendance over 30k this season for us. Despite all the praise for our support last season, a 30k plus crowd was only achieved twice then.

Why these sort of Twitter accounts are a load of twosh and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Bolton have announced numerous times, this morning being the latest that they've sold out the away tickets. We don't need some "in the know" child using the "I'm hearing that" line. 

24 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Why these sort of Twitter accounts are a load of twosh and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Bolton have announced numerous times, this morning being the latest that they've sold out the away tickets. We don't need some "in the know" child using the "I'm hearing that" line. 

Meh. Who cares?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Meh. Who cares?

Those who hang off every word these sort of accounts post, like the Cashin rumours from a nothing account. "I saw it on Twitter/Facebook/TikTok/whatever so it must be true", without any actual journalists making any sort of comment.