Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Having thunk abaht it fra while.... Could the discrepancies between what we think, based on unsold tickets, and the actual gate be down to a shortfall in corporate hospitality numbers?

Hospitality tends to sell out most games. Fully sold out for Bolton, for West Ham there's only 4 seats left. The biggest waste is the unused Pedigree Suite/McFarland's Bar. It's barely ever used, Bolton is the first time in awhile it's open. It used to be great pre and post match in there for a few quid and the paid bar.

20 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Having thunk abaht it fra while.... Could the discrepancies between what we think, based on unsold tickets, and the actual gate be down to a shortfall in corporate hospitality numbers?

There are a number of seats not on general sale including Block H West upper, Blocks A and B South West corner plus numerous restricted view seats. If the last 1,500 or so sell in the next two days then they will be added in taking it nearer to the 31,000+ that attended the opening game against Oxford.

Just now, SKRam said:

Looks like we’ll be third largest in England Saturday behind Liverpool and West Ham. 
Pride Park rockin’ 

Rave Crowd GIF

FE0184C5-D9EF-41F1-8F9C-F7158CF791E0.png

Ok Leicester may pip us too, 32k + capacity, still fourth highest in England very impressive 

51 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

For every 10'000 seats 'sold'. at this time of year about 1000 will wake up that morning feeling like s*** with some virus.  Some tickets will be recycled to mates, family etc some won't.  30,000 would probably equal about 28,000 actual filled seats.

Also as there was no way to contribute financially for fans when in admin perhaps some more cash-rich fans bought season tickets to help the club knowing they would only go sometimes?

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Also as there was no way to contribute financially for fans when in admin perhaps some more cash-rich fans bought season tickets to help the club knowing they would only go sometimes?

I have a season ticket but living in Bristol I have struggled with transport this season. 
Train strikes and cancellations are a pain.

Also, my family has helpfully organised three holidays between now and the end of the season ?

20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I have a season ticket but living in Bristol I have struggled with transport this season. 
Train strikes and cancellations are a pain.

Also, my family has helpfully organised three holidays between now and the end of the season ?

My lad has a season ticket but barely comes, he got put off at away games due to the constant beer throwing and standing. Our tickets are in the North stand so relatively all quiet but it doesn't help, he's been scared already.

Afternoon gents, here from the other side (although not for a spat).
First wanted to know why its purely attendance banter, is that just something you always concentrate on?

Second, genuine scorelines/predications? Who should we be wary of?

I'm desperate for the win as you have the game in hand but i don't think we can cry with a draw!

Edited by QuestionBWFC8

14 minutes ago, QuestionBWFC8 said:

First wanted to know why its purely attendance banter, is that just something you always concentrate on?

I'm desperate for the win as you have the game in hand but i don't think we can cry with a draw!

Hopefully our 10 goals top scorer David McGoldrick will be in the squad this time.

Attendances being discussed cos it’s close to being a sellout.

21 minutes ago, QuestionBWFC8 said:

Afternoon Question.

The attendance banter is typical of most of our threads…… off on a tangent, eventually it’ll return to the game itself honestly. Because you’ve sold out it’s created an extra buzz, as you know, many teams in this division don’t have big followings. 
We have a thread for predictions, I abstained this year as I always had us down for a W ?‍♂️
I’m not divulging our WMDs you’ll have to wait and see. Enjoy the game (till KO) ?

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Afternoon Question.

The attendance banter is typical of most of our threads…… off on a tangent, eventually it’ll return to the game itself honestly. Because you’ve sold out it’s created an extra buzz, as you know, many teams in this division don’t have big followings. 
We have a thread for predictions, I abstained this year as I always had us down for a W ?‍♂️
I’m not divulging our WMDs you’ll have to wait and see. Enjoy the game (till KO) ?

To be fair, we do get a bit giddy when clubs like yourself come and we get that boost of a buzz, so lets hope its bouncing!

Should be a belter, going 2-1 #BWFC but wont cry at the draw!

Just now, QuestionBWFC8 said:

Second, genuine shorelines/predications? Who should we be wary of?

Re attendance chat, well I think we're (rightly) proud of our attendances this year (home and away) so there is a lot of focus on that as despite really tough economic times and recent club traumas our support has been great. The fans backing has gone a long way to take the pressure off our new owner (a local hero) as the fans have turned up in regular big numbers despite the fact that we could barely field a team halfway through the summer so better than expected ST sales against that backdrop were a real boost for the club. Also, personally I just love seeing those headlines that favourably compare crowds in this division to those much higher in the leagues.

Totally get the scoreline sentiment. At your place I just thought, lets at least not lose this and just keep fingers crossed that we go one better. I get that it's a chance to make ground on competitors but before a ball was kicked I'd have take that draw all day long.

As for who to watch well it's been one of the pleasing things I reckon, we've had goals shared out quite a bit. McGoldrick has been outstanding but has had the odd niggle and illness and I think we've been trying to use him sparingly. He's looked different level at times though. I'd expect him to start on Sat. Mendez-Laing down the flank is a real handful if he's on it. Despite conceding 2 last week we've been tight at the back with Cashin really starring but he'd had a slight niggle but should hopefully likewise be good to go on Sat.

Scoreline ? Toughie.. hoping we can nick this one, possibly by the odd goal (2-1?) but a draw would not surprise me as you lot are in really good form too.

Just now, QuestionBWFC8 said:

To be fair, we do get a bit giddy when clubs like yourself come and we get that boost of a buzz, so lets hope its bouncing!

Should be a belter, going 2-1 #BWFC but wont cry at the draw!

I’m working, don’t get to many these days, but made it to yours, think we were ok with 0-0. I’m about half way between Derby and Bolton, expecting a great game. 

5 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Re attendance chat, well I think we're (rightly) proud of our attendances this year (home and away) so there is a lot of focus on that as despite really tough economic times and recent club traumas our support has been great. The fans backing has gone a long way to take the pressure off our new owner (a local hero) as the fans have turned up in regular big numbers despite the fact that we could barely field a team halfway through the summer so better than expected ST sales against that backdrop were a real boost for the club. Also, personally I just love seeing those headlines that favourably compare crowds in this division to those much higher in the leagues.

Totally get the scoreline sentiment. At your place I just thought, lets at least not lose this and just keep fingers crossed that we go one better. I get that it's a chance to make ground on competitors but before a ball was kicked I'd have take that draw all day long.

As for who to watch well it's been one of the pleasing things I reckon, we've had goals shared out quite a bit. McGoldrick has been outstanding but has had the odd niggle and illness and I think we've been trying to use him sparingly. He's looked different level at times though. I'd expect him to start on Sat. Mendez-Laing down the flank is a real handful if he's on it. Despite conceding 2 last week we've been tight at the back with Cashin really starring but he'd had a slight niggle but should hopefully likewise be good to go on Sat.

Scoreline ? Toughie.. hoping we can nick this one, possibly by the odd goal (2-1?) but a draw would not surprise me as you lot are in really good form too.

Cheers for the in depth mate! Yeah well if you saw, probably did, we was in the exact same situation a couple of seasons ago where we had a team playing with like the average age of 19? We was financially crippled and the players went on 'strike' rightly or wrongly it hurt us. We've come through it looking alright now! New owners haven't got he money but are backing IE as well as they can. 

Yeah McGoldrick been around a while now and expect him to give us a threat, we shall see who turns up on form i guess...

Yeah both two inform teams so regardless should be a belter.

4 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’m working, don’t get to many these days, but made it to yours, think we were ok with 0-0. I’m about half way between Derby and Bolton, expecting a great game. 

Yeah tough when your working 100%!

Should be a cracker.

48 minutes ago, QuestionBWFC8 said:

There is a separate thread for predictions ??