Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Jan

This fixture could have been another local derby with Gresley Rovers.  Back in 97/98 Gresley won the Dr Martins Premier Division and we’re managed by ex-Ram Paul Futcher (RIP).  The Moat Ground didn’t meet The Conference League grading requirements and the league wouldn’t let them ground share - Burton offered and I have a feeling we said they could play at the BBG.  That meant that 2nd place Cheltenham were promoted instead.  The rest, as they say, is history.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It has hammered down all night here and we had the same forecast as Cheltenham. Should stop mid morning for the day but the pitch must be saturated.

Cheltenham is mostly a nice place but the ground is a s***hole. 

Or should I say a quaint throwback to the old days? ?

That doesn't fit into the song the same though. I'm guessing the yoofs will stick with the original. 

26 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The Cheltenham College ladies claim to have invented the word CHAV, as a disparaging term for the common yoof of Cheltenham, a CHeltenham AVerage.

It’s a horrible sneery word. I heard it was even worse Council house and violence ?? Looked online and the origin is unclear - Chatham and average some say but that doesn’t sound right either. Most plausible suggestion is a Romany derivation. 

On 12/01/2023 at 18:16, angieram said:

That's a bit rubbish given the car park is huge and we would have been more than happy to pay and display there.

We will park at one of the car parks nearer the ground.

Apologies. It appears I may have been misinformed ?

Worth checking yourselves if you're going to use it (by asking other users) rather than rely on me but it seems this car park is still free. Looks like the ticket validation may only apply to the other P&R site.

Be a great time to get an away win.

If us, Ipswich and the Windies all win, we would be no more than 11 points behind the Automatic places - with a game in hand   and with a decent gap to 7th with games in hand.

If Ipswich win and the Windies don't, the gap to the Automatic places would be down to 9 points with a game in hand.

Keep chipping away and who knows what we could achieve this season?