Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Jan

3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Counter point- are we all so used to higher league refs being strict and playing to the letter of the law rather than the reading the game? 

We all expected the standard of refs to go down when we got relegated, it just happens to have worked in our favour. 

IMO refs at this level seem to give the defending team the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 decisions whereas at higher levels it seems to be in favour of the attacking team.

I'd like to see it again, but I had a pretty good view of it at the time and I thought it was a standard professional foul with other Rams players covering and no more than a yellow. But given the standard of officials, I can see the OP's pov. 

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'd like to see it again, but I had a pretty good view of it at the time and I thought it was a standard professional foul with other Rams players covering and no more than a yellow. But given the standard of officials, I can see the OP's pov. 

My thoughts, too Crewton. A booking, nothing else. 

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

My thoughts, too Crewton. A booking, nothing else. 

Close call on the red. There were defenders hovering but yellow was consistent with the ref’s laissez faire approach 

Shows Forsyth’s customary dependability and competence. Extends to every aspect of his game, including knowing how to perfectly execute a necessary professional foul and make it look benign. Bet he makes his bed every morning and calls his Mum regularly 

Edited by kevinhectoring

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

There were two offside so it doesn’t count. In L1 two wrongs do make a right.

I think it’s called levelling up. Bird’s goal was so outrageous (in a good way obviously), the officials probably felt obliged to allow an outrageous goal for Cheltenham as well. ?

A great away (home) day out for me.  I was sat in the main stand and the longer the game went on it became apparent there were a lot of Derby fans amongst the home end - me included obviously!

Also great that every bar i went in to had a Derby fan to chat to - felt strange bumping into Rams fans in my hometown.

Meant to put in my match opinion post that I also feel from the last few games that sibley seems to be growing as a player because the left wingback position keeps him far more involved in the whole game where as before he could disappear a bit and drift out of games , where he is now position wise he is always in the cut and thrust of things