Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Jan

Cheltenham are 18th in the league, 1 win in their last 5 but with the 4 losses coming by the odd goal. So they're not getting battered - in fact, only 1 team has conceded less in the bottom half of the table and it's the top 7 before anyone is better in the top half. Unfortunately for them though, they're the lowest scorers in the entire division.

Interestingly, they also play tonight in the pizza cup quarters against Salford.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Has anyone going figured out any reasonable parking yet or are you just going to wing it and see what's available when you get there? I'm struggling a bit.

Park somewhere centrally and walk over - its not far.  Bath Parade parking is a 15 min walk away and there is loads of on street parking in this area close to the town centre.  I live there albeit in the home end for this one being quiet!

Hi Tamworthram,

There is free street parking along Prestbury Road and some spaces down Pitteville Circus Road if you arrive by midday, after that it does get more difficult or you could park at the racecourse for free and walk to the ground, about 20 mins or do park and ride from there into town for a pint - Sandford Park Alehouse is my 'go to' pub. Then its a 20 minute walk to the ground from the pub.

4 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

Park somewhere centrally and walk over - its not far.  Bath Parade parking is a 15 min walk away and there is loads of on street parking in this area close to the town centre.  I live there albeit in the home end for this one being quiet!

Same here cj - behind the goal opposite the away end. 

Home End Rams.

42 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

Thanks. I've sent you a PM.

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Has anyone going figured out any reasonable parking yet or are you just going to wing it and see what's available when you get there? I'm struggling a bit.

I lived down Cleeve View Road around 8 years ago, the ground is a short 5 min walk from there and the on street parking at the time was free/no permit. The road did used to fill up with local match go-ers on a match day.
I was going to go to this one and meet a few of my mates who are still in Cheltenham, likely joining the other “home end rams” but the usual post Christmas financial pinch has got me.

Those who are going, Cheltenham is a great little town with plenty of options for food and drink. Sandford Ale House has already been mentioned and a few yards along from there you’ve got The Swan and The Vine (great Thai food) that used to be my regular haunts. Anyone wanting a quaint beer on the way to the ground, the Kemble Brewery down Fairview Street is a great little boozer, essentially a converted terraced house….small but mighty. These are all recommendations based on my time living in Cheltenham so not sure how welcoming they are of away fans, they’re all decent drinking pubs away from your more main stream Wetherspoons etc. 

I hope those that are going have fun and we pick up another win! 

42 minutes ago, Scrumpyram said:

Hi Tamworthram,

There is free street parking along Prestbury Road and some spaces down Pitteville Circus Road if you arrive by midday, after that it does get more difficult or you could park at the racecourse for free and walk to the ground, about 20 mins or do park and ride from there into town for a pint - Sandford Park Alehouse is my 'go to' pub. Then its a 20 minute walk to the ground from the pub.

Thanks. I have sent you a PM

55 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

I am staying at the holiday inn express, next to the brewery quarter, 3 minutes walk to Brewdog, 20 minutes walk to the ground.