Return of the away singing block

therams69

Afternoon all

Happy New Year..

This has been discussed for a while. Those that have done all or even some of the away games this year should be able to relate to this. The atmosphere has not been good enough for the numbers that we taking. Bolton was the tipping block and there are many reasons behind it.

So for every away game with the club's backing we are going back to the dedicated singing block. Not the best terminology but the only wording that can officially be used. This was a great success around the 2017 era.

This is simply a block for those fans that are like minded and want to improve the atmosphere. Its not a block where the singing will only be (obviously) but important that point is made clear. Its also not a block where the only standing will be. 

Don't read too much into it. The cringe comments will come, no doubt, but this is needed after a good evaluation this season. Like minded fans cannot get together due to the membership scheme. By the club facilitating this it means that fans who wish to be vocal all game can be together with like minded fans as they will know where to buy their tickets. Likewise, if you don't want to be part of that and just watch the game (like many do) it also gives you the opportunity to be away from this section.

The drum at away games where allowed will also be returning. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but let's be honest you can't please everyone in 2023 and is actually a massive help with tempo and volume in the stands. End of the day its about backing the lads vocally and giving them that extra % which is sometimes needed in a game.

This is already available for the next away game which is Port Vale. A good 4k going as well. Details on the block are on the dcfc website.

Club84 will be the catalysts behind this. Give them your backing. They have been great at displays over the last couple of years and improving the atmosphere away, and at home.

14 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Afternoon all

Happy New Year..

This has been discussed for a while. Those that have done all or even some of the away games this year should be able to relate to this. The atmosphere has not been good enough for the numbers that we taking. Bolton was the tipping block and there are many reasons behind it.

So for every away game with the club's backing we are going back to the dedicated singing block. Not the best terminology but the only wording that can officially be used. This was a great success around the 2017 era.

This is simply a block for those fans that are like minded and want to improve the atmosphere. Its not a block where the singing will only be (obviously) but important that point is made clear. Its also not a block where the only standing will be. 

Don't read too much into it. The cringe comments will come, no doubt, but this is needed after a good evaluation this season. Like minded fans cannot get together due to the membership scheme. By the club facilitating this it means that fans who wish to be vocal all game can be together with like minded fans as they will know where to buy their tickets. Likewise, if you don't want to be part of that and just watch the game (like many do) it also gives you the opportunity to be away from this section.

The drum at away games where allowed will also be returning. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but let's be honest you can't please everyone in 2023 and is actually a massive help with tempo and volume in the stands. End of the day its about backing the lads vocally and giving them that extra % which is sometimes needed in a game.

This is already available for the next away game which is Port Vale. A good 4k going as well. Details on the block are on the dcfc website.

Club84 will be the catalysts behind this. Give them your backing. They have been great at displays over the last couple of years and improving the atmosphere away, and at home.

Thought the Bolton home fans were garbage apart from about 50 fans in a corner singing. You need something to bounce off. 

All for trying new things though, so fair play. 

12 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Just a reminder guys, this is nothing new.

Was a big success in 2017..

Yes we have discussed it at length, it’s not rocket science, if you want to stand up buy a ticket at the back, if you want to sit down buy a ticket at the front. Unfortunately some people just think it doesn’t apply to them and they’ll do what they want. Until the clubs take some responsibility and steward the games effectively nothing will change.

At Bolton I was in an aisle seat, while a group of lads just stood in the stairway for the whole of the second half while the solitary steward looked on completely disinterested.

Still, you do what you have to do, and good luck.

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Hardly fair for those who cant stand for 45 minutes at a time.. This really needs to be dealt with.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I know that i am in pain but i fight through it. That's what half times are for.

Not everyone has your grit, determination, and inner strength. 
Some folk are so weak-willed… and have been for over 80 years or more in some cases… they selfishly think they have a divine right to sit down from kick off!  ?

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Have you got some songs you’d prefer to be sung?

The Collymore one is an embarrassment. 

Oh, now theres that one about the manager - think it goes summat like...

"We've got the League 1 Alan Pardew,

He hasnt got a chuffing clue

With 8 men at the back

And grandads in attack,

Derby will end up down in League 2...."

?

I’m curious which blocks this will be? The home team often dictate the order of sales so how does that help?

Will this often be the ‘best’ block for the view? I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes to get an available ticket with the best view.

However efforts to make improvements always welcome by those prepared to invest more time than I do. 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Have you got some songs you’d prefer to be sung?

The Collymore one is an embarrassment. 

Derby....Derby...

We are Derby, Super Derby

Derby till I die

The 21 points songs, though not fir everyone 

Most of the players songs