Return of the away singing block

therams69

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’m curious which blocks this will be? The home team often dictate the order of sales so how does that help?

Will this often be the ‘best’ block for the view? I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes to get an available ticket with the best view.

However efforts to make improvements always welcome by those prepared to invest more time than I do. 

It said H7 something

I've heard a few different songs this season but they peter out before I can work out what's being attempted.

If I can make a plea to the singing section, it's to give each song at least three or four rounds before moving on to the next one to allow the rest of us to catch on to the lyrics.

Oh, and dump the Collymore song, it's just embarrassing. 

I'm all for a singing section.

Edited by angieram
Grammar, I blame the hangover!

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

I've heard a few different songs this season but they peter out before I can work out what's being attempted.

If I can make a plea to the singing section, it's to give each song at least three or four rounds before moving on to the next one to allow the rest of us to catch on to the lyrics.

Oh, and dump the Collymore song, it's just embarrassing. 

I'm all for a singing section.

It takes a while to learn them angie lang took at 3 or 4 away games before I picked it up.

If I cant remember it I just make my own up?

6 hours ago, therams69 said:

Afternoon all

Happy New Year..

This has been discussed for a while. Those that have done all or even some of the away games this year should be able to relate to this. The atmosphere has not been good enough for the numbers that we taking. Bolton was the tipping block and there are many reasons behind it.

So for every away game with the club's backing we are going back to the dedicated singing block. Not the best terminology but the only wording that can officially be used. This was a great success around the 2017 era.

This is simply a block for those fans that are like minded and want to improve the atmosphere. Its not a block where the singing will only be (obviously) but important that point is made clear. Its also not a block where the only standing will be. 

Don't read too much into it. The cringe comments will come, no doubt, but this is needed after a good evaluation this season. Like minded fans cannot get together due to the membership scheme. By the club facilitating this it means that fans who wish to be vocal all game can be together with like minded fans as they will know where to buy their tickets. Likewise, if you don't want to be part of that and just watch the game (like many do) it also gives you the opportunity to be away from this section.

The drum at away games where allowed will also be returning. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but let's be honest you can't please everyone in 2023 and is actually a massive help with tempo and volume in the stands. End of the day its about backing the lads vocally and giving them that extra % which is sometimes needed in a game.

This is already available for the next away game which is Port Vale. A good 4k going as well. Details on the block are on the dcfc website.

Club84 will be the catalysts behind this. Give them your backing. They have been great at displays over the last couple of years and improving the atmosphere away, and at home.

This is good news. Atmosphere seems to be a particular issue when we're taking more than 2k (Liverpool being the exception) & thought we were really ordinary at Bolton. Real mix of fans where I was sat in lower tier (elderly, families & lads who had clearly been on the pop all day) & songs were dying out quite quickly. I'm hopeful it will also encourage those who havent enjoyed sitting alongside Stone Island types, that they can avoid them at away games.

Songwise, yes its about time we retired the Collymore song...he's a nobody now & must be thrilled we still give him any attention. I do like 'Spirit in the Sky' although still not made it out of top left of South Stand...we are capable of originality but need like minded fans stood together to spread the gospel.

It'd also be great to never ever hear Dale Cavese again & that's my only concern with Club84 (having read their previous manifestos). I don't mind the concept of tifo displays but needs to be very careful to avoid the absolute cringefest that is Crystal Palace's 'Holmesdale End' or Middlesbrough's laughable 'ultras'. These tinpot clubs need that cribbed Euro-ultra songbook as they've got minimal history & weak support. We should be looking at how Man Utd, Liverpool etc have such great away support...original songs well communicated by fan groups, banners that reflect English football culture/humour & a well pitched sense of their history & who they are.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Which is H7 - that’s my point - I can’t find a seating plan of the ground to see where H7 is.

It's not H7 by the way, it's HB2 and I would imagine the seating plan will be shown when the tickets are made available 

7 minutes ago, David said:

It's not H7 by the way, it's HB2 and I would imagine the seating plan will be shown when the tickets are made available 

@rammieib looking at the Port Vale website, if you was to buy tickets at the opposite end, the B part looks like it means the upper section of the stand and 2 puts you pretty central.

https://pvfc-shop.com/portvale/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={56EBDAD7-11F7-4171-8AEB-C88C45A02BCC}&homeArea=home

Tap into the stand to reveal the blocks 

I would imagine it will be in the middle at the back, which is the usual place for fans to go for.(if it was at the front in the corner then people would just ignore it).

There will be certain logistical problems unless they open up all the stand at the same time which I hope they do, but doesn’t seem to be the norm nowadays.

At the last 2 play off finals there has been an issue with Rams fans wanting to sit behind the goal and those who want to stand . ( It’s a lot easier to sing loud when you are standing). So it would be helpful , if we get there again , for those who want to sit to go down the sides , or up in the gods.

3 hours ago, David said:

@rammieib looking at the Port Vale website, if you was to buy tickets at the opposite end, the B part looks like it means the upper section of the stand and 2 puts you pretty central.

https://pvfc-shop.com/portvale/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={56EBDAD7-11F7-4171-8AEB-C88C45A02BCC}&homeArea=home

Tap into the stand to reveal the blocks 

Good find, both stands look nearly identical with 7 blocks.

personally i dont think the away fans are doing too badly, what really needs the attention is at home.

The last few games pp has been like a library, friday night against cambridge, i thought the south stand had all fallen asleep for most of the game. We need to get behind the lads it really can make a difference.

Edited by Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

personally i dont think the away fans are doing too badly, what really needs the attention is at home.

The last few games pp has been like a library, friday night against cambridge, i thought the south stand had all fallen asleep for most of the game. We need to get behind the lads it really can make a difference.

I think as @angieramsaid earlier its difficult to pick up new lyrics if only sung couple times. We sit as close to south stand as possible in west upper so that I can sit and see but so we can sing with south stand so its not from lack of effort! I know what one word is (!) but cant properly even hear NML song words! Rarely go away (each home match 200+ miles for us so dont start).