How's your optimism?

Loughborough Ram

Joint best defensive record in league 1 along with Barnsley 17 goals conceded after 21 games goal difference both 11 each as from today 26/12.

If we beat Bolton tomorrow we go fourth above Barnsley having played one game more.
Massive game tomorrow with a massive following about time Lady Luck was on our side for a change.

COYR.

Always thought we would make playoffs. If we are in them, it will mean we've were on a run

and  will win at Wembley. Lets face it we will be playing any of the teams that are currently

12 or above - on form we can hammer em all

I wonder if Bielik would be able to play in the playoffs for us.........anyone>

8 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Always thought we would make playoffs. If we are in them, it will mean we've were on a run

and  will win at Wembley. Lets face it we will be playing any of the teams that are currently

Not unless he comes back in January.

I was optimistic after the Wycombe game to be honest, and am even more so now. 
I think we will finish 4th. Take away the dreadful ref against Port Vale and we could already be there. Iron out a few stutters, get a good string of wins together and those bandwagon wheels will be at full clatter! A play off win would be mega.

Feeling really optimistic. I’d be astounded if we don’t make at least the playoffs, then we’d have as good a chance as anyone, however I think we could even sneak top 2, think Plymouth will come back towards us and we’ll be battling the wendies for the second spot behind Ipswich.

I also think Ipswich Wednesday Plymouth and Derby would all comfortably survive in the championship so wouldn’t expect a relegation battle when we’re back there.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Feeling really optimistic. I’d be astounded if we don’t make at least the playoffs, then we’d have as good a chance as anyone, however I think we could even sneak top 2, think Plymouth will come back towards us and we’ll be battling the wendies for the second spot behind Ipswich.

I also think Ipswich Wednesday Plymouth and Derby would all comfortably survive in the championship so wouldn’t expect a relegation battle when we’re back there.

I think we can be battling it out with those three at the top. They're good teams but by no means are they unbeatable. Once we're in our groove we're as good as anything in this league. We have a good group of players and the thing we have over the others is that we have a manager who knows how to get it done.

probably need to stick a five match winning streak together at this point to sniff the top 2.  The points dropped away from home against dog s*** sides, most recently Burton and the occasional blow ups like Plymouth at home earlier in the season indicate this side isn't strong enough for that.  No reason they shouldn't be in the playoffs though.  Always such fun.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

probably need to stick a five match winning streak together at this point to sniff the top 2.  The points dropped away from home against dog s*** sides, most recently Burton and the occasional blow ups like Plymouth at home earlier in the season indicate this side isn't strong enough for that.  No reason they shouldn't be in the playoffs though.  Always such fun.

All acceptable after the situation we were in a year ago in my opinion 

7 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I assume he might be at Birmingham if they squeeze into the playoffs helping them get promoted for peanuts instead.  That would make him very popular. 

Instinctively its not unreasonable to think we should be finishing top 6 given the quality in the squad. And picking up the playoff winners trophy from a sour Rick Parry in May would be a magnificent piece of football poetry.

To finish top 6, we need to be aiming around 74 points as a minimum - that is the average points tally of the 6th place team in League One over the past 10 seasons. Good news is we're currently on for 74/75 based on our current results & under Warne, his average per game is 1.67 which nets out to 77 over a full season. Problem is Warne's Derby have faced many of the lesser sides in the division - the average current position of Warne's league opponents is 15th (Rosenior's was 10th by the way)

In short, I think we need to start seeing more results against top 10 rivals before we can start confidently predicting top 6 - Rosenior managed 3 wins against them in his time here (Barnsley in 4th, Peterborough in 8th & Wycombe in 6th). Warne has yet to beat anyone outside of the bottom 6, with the exception of Bristol Rovers in 10th.

Today's game is a big marker then - beat Bolton on their patch & top 6 starts to look realistic as a minimum.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

The prediction as defined by the poo patterns left by my neighbours ugly dog:

Pride Park is deemed unsafe after a Pidgeon dropping landed on the Mayors  car in the car park, we play at M'over sports ground for rest of the season and pay £20m for the privilege.

The Team loses half its players after it turns out their contracts are in Bitcoins through FTX exchange.

EFL imposes a 60 point deduction after historical claims of BBG pitch tampering by over watering  and the Popside noise levels being too high. We are stripped of our Div 1 Champions status 

Mr Clowes loses his fortune when he invites a Nigerian Prince to the game and pays for his ticket by Bank transfer

We can no longer play in Black and White as it is discriminatory against other parts of the spectrum.

All goals are disallowed as the ball was struck with the wrong foot.

Hand ball in our penalty area is called when the ball hits any part of the player.

Finally based on personal experience---Pessimists are rarely disappointed

27 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

The prediction as defined by the poo patterns left by my neighbours ugly dog:

Pride Park is deemed unsafe after a Pidgeon dropping landed on the Mayors  car in the car park, we play at M'over sports ground for rest of the season and pay £20m for the privilege.

The Team loses half its players after it turns out their contracts are in Bitcoins through FTX exchange.

EFL imposes a 60 point deduction after historical claims of BBG pitch tampering by over watering  and the Popside noise levels being too high. We are stripped of our Div 1 Champions status 

Mr Clowes loses his fortune when he invites a Nigerian Prince to the game and pays for his ticket by Bank transfer

We can no longer play in Black and White as it is discriminatory against other parts of the spectrum.

All goals are disallowed as the ball was struck with the wrong foot.

Hand ball in our penalty area is called when the ball hits any part of the player.

Finally based on personal experience---Pessimists are rarely disappointed

This is what pisses me off about this forum... folk always bloody moaning! ?

How about looking on the bright side for once, and acknowledging the positives... The fact that fans will be able to stand for entire home games, now we're being forced to play at Mickleover, for instance!
And losing the club colours is no biggy, either.  There is always pink, yer know!

How about we count our blessings for once, eh?  Eh?  EH?  
I am no pessimist... but I am very disappointed in you!  Buck up!  ?

On 24/12/2022 at 17:04, Ramarena said:

A number of our fans certainly underestimate how difficult this division is to get out of. One week your facing an aerial bombardment and having lumps kicked out of you, the next you are facing a team that wants to play on the deck, etc, etc.

We've played 21 of the 23 teams we're going to face in the league this season and not one of them has tried to aerially bombard or kick lumps out of us. 

That myth needs putting to bed. The league isn't the same as it was 5-10 years ago (maybe even more recently) than that, it's changed.

From what I've seen it's more the case that a number of fans have overestimated how difficult the league is to get out of based on the past failure of others to navigate it, rather than the challenges the league actually throws up.

Our starting position in the summer has ruled out automatics IMO, but playoffs is plenty achievable / winnable.

Edited by Kokosnuss

18 hours ago, DesertRam said:

If we are in the play offs it just means we have averaged about what we have done so far this season which has been a bit hit and miss. 

We haven't beaten anyone in the top 6 so far.. maybe that will change today who knows. But it needs to change sooner or later if we are to actually win promotion.