How's your optimism?

Loughborough Ram

Pretty good!

We’ve got a decent squad base and will hopefully be able to add a handful of players in key positions to it.

I think we’ll make the playoffs, hopefully by climbing to a higher position than we are now.

A number of our fans certainly underestimate how difficult this division is to get out of. One week your facing an aerial bombardment and having lumps kicked out of you, the next you are facing a team that wants to play on the deck, etc, etc.

Fingers crossed we carry on rising up the league!

Edited by Ramarena

Finish 3rd after an amazing form run gets us into top 2 only to drop out on last game of the season.

Wrist slashers demand Warne sacking before playoffs in which we scrape through on pens to the final with expectations low.

Final vs Ipswich is tense affair, 0-0 with 5 mins to go when Richard Keogh inexplicably volleys one into his own net, rips his shirt of showing the “Once A Ram” vest underneath.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Top six and a successful trip to Wembley.

I think this group of players has got the resilience to see it through.

January signings? Over-rated.

Thing is we are in the top 6 right now. 

think it’s too much of stretch for us to be automatics but I reckon we’ll be in the playoffs and on an upward performance curve. No one will want to play us by the time seasons end comes. Playoffs though is a lottery. We might be L1 again next year but stronger all over. 

Very pleased to be challenging after the dire situation blighting the last two+ seasons. 

I think we can make the play-offs but may fall short regarding automatic promotion. We have to still play most of our promotion rivals away & Bolton is the first acid test. During late Jan to early March, we face Plymouth, Wycombe, Barnsley Oxford & Peterborough, three of the current top six.

I think Warne's magic touch may finally desert him & we miss out in the play-offs, but we'll put together a stronger squad although it will be challenging for Warne to find replacements for the likes of Osula & Roberts, however, I have faith in him to find players of similar calibre if neither return. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sign Roberts on a permanent or another season-long loan (vis Clarke). He was used to rebuilding squads at Rotherham.

I expect us to overcome any disappointment with a strong showing next season. A slow start maybe, with new signings settling, but gradually dominating the division. Warne will have a chance to implement his ideas in a close season. He trained as a fitness coach and I think we're already improving our fitness levels so that we can keeping going to chase  wins/equalizers. He also probably knows how to manage players to avoid them getting injured, he doesn't seem to rush players back. 

Remember, this isn't his squad, though he's done excellently IMO.

I think League 1 will be weaker next season if the likes of Wednesday do pip us to promotion, the sides at the moment involved in the Champ'ship relegation don't fill you with dread (Huddersfield, Wigan). 

Fair to middling for me...

A Play off spot would not be a massive surprise.  Certainly not unexpected.

A Play Off win?  That would be more hope than anything.

I just think it's too early for the football Gods to be gifting out actual joy and happiness to Rams fans, after the poo we've been through.

Still... fingers crossed!  ???