Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

Decent half, we’ve been a bit lacking with some of our passing, but Weds are making it a real scrap.

Need to improve our final ball and get a bit of a better grip on the midfield. 

McG and Collins isn’t really working, but they haven’t had a huge amount to work with, we may need to sacrifice one of them at some stage, to get some pace up top and push the Weds CB’s deeper.

If also swap Dobbin and Barks over.

Re:the stamp, I don’t believe the player puts down his foot in a natural position for running. That and the Sibley elbow were very naughty in my opinion. There’s a way to play aggressively where you also protect your opposition player in a challenge, neither of these did that and I really dont like to see it whether it’s against Derby or anyone else tbh.

Watching the replay of the McGoldrick long ranger, feel like playing in Dobbin or even Collins was the better option. Collins was the more difficult ball but the two defenders shifted to their left, one to mark Dobbin and the other to close down the shot, if we’ve got one player who could have faked the shot to then play a disguised neat through ball into Collins path it’s McGoldrick. Slightly better decisions/execution in the final third and we’ll win. 

Industrious but little end product so far. We look vulnerable on both flanks but central defenders so far having a decent game to cover for those weaknesses. I think at times we lack inventiveness in the final third oftentimes looking for the cross or a long shot. It seems didzy is an individual who is given a bit of free reign to try something different.