Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not read the matchday thread yet but I was very disappointed with Sheffield Wednesday today. Came to spoil the game rather than play football. Ref didn't help.

I suppose they've learned that's what it takes to get out of the division, but it's so boring.

I was also a little disappointed, apart from a few isolated moments, with the Sheffield Wednesday fans. I know there wasn't a lot to shout about but Wednesday are normally better value than that. 

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m sure Warneball doesn’t expect passes from defence to go wayward and put you on the back foot.

Blaming the Coach is a bit shameful to be honest. Blame the players.

While I’m here, was the fair haired striker for them an ex Rotherham player under Warne?

He was shocking, I noticed Warne hugged him on coming off.

Michael Smith, yes, played about 4 years at Rovrum. 

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby, Sheff wed and Sunderland are the three best supported teams outside of the Prem. So Derby v Sheff wed should be a no brainer for sky coverage when there is no Prem games. It’s the equivalent of not covering Man U v Liverpool but showing Brighton v Bournemouth instead.

Glad Sky did not show our game today. It was not a good advert for 3rd tier football. Warne said “There was a lack of quality in the final 3rd from both teams”. That’s why a decent striker cost £Millions. Let’s hope Warne can find a gem in January.

1 minute ago, HorsforthRam said:

Thought it felt a bit flat before kickoff. Game followed suit. 

Fans were all huddled up against the cold, less clapping sound with gloves on (unless you wear leather/vegan leather, like me!) 

West Stand was torpid, young lad came and sat in empty seat by me - about fifteen minutes after kick off - and I thought might add a bit of atmosphere.

He did, his first comment was aimed at Cashin, "f****** useless Bamford" and he carried on in that vein all match. Can't understand why people like that even bother coming to games. And why is he so negative at that age? Plenty of years ahead to turn into a grumpy old git! 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fans were all huddled up against the cold, less clapping sound with gloves on (unless you wear leather/vegan leather, like me!) 

West Stand was torpid, young lad came and sat in empty seat by me - about fifteen minutes after kick off - and I thought might add a bit of atmosphere.

He did, his first comment was aimed at Cashin, "f****** useless Bamford" and he carried on in that vein all match. Can't understand why people like that even bother coming to games. And why is he so negative at that age? Plenty of years ahead to turn into a grumpy old git! 

Sounds like he was sitting by himself too yeah, not trying to even show off to mates. What is the point?

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Just thinking how great it will be, when we can finally start paying transfer fees

Based on a lot of our transfers in recent seasons spending transfer fees worries me ( much prefer a good free transfer 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Negative and inaccurate. 

30 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Thought it felt a bit flat before kickoff. Game followed suit. 

I was so upbeat driving to Derby, first home game for ages and looking forward to a great atmosphere. Got into a virtually empty ground (everyone seemed to arrive 10 mins before kick off) and it felt like a wake. Hopefully better v FGR.

32 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Out of interest, are you "Mrs O" or "Mr So"? 

Try and cheer up, either way ?

I wondered the same, and then came to the conclusion they probably just work as a Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer at the local X-Ray dept!  

Now my head hurts... and we are still no nearer to confirming a gender-status (Pronounced "staddus", with am American twang, purely for effect!)  ?

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Another game where I'm surprised/not surprised at just how poor the opposition really are. Haven't seen any supposedly 'top' team this season aside from Plymouth who've actually impressed me.

Yes was thinking the same. And  Plymouth  needed two offside goals to beat us even tough they were the better team.