Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I thought it was an interesting if frustrating game. Lots of physical stuff missed by the three officials

Forsyth played well but I thought Bird was MOM. He was calm in a frenetic game.

Knight may be off in January but we could do with him back at RB.

Smith isn’t a bad player but defensively he’s hanging in there by a thread and he offers nothing in attack.

If I was guessing, I'd suggest that Knights probably made it clear he's not signing a new deal here and will be off in January.  Hence the teams now being set up to play without him and we won't want a 2-3 million pound asset injured so minutes will be few. 

That payment to Arsenal for this season and the 2.5 million owed for that winger who never beat a player in two years won't pay itself.

3 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Didn't see anything from Collins today.

Will never understand why, on corners, when we have two of the quickest players in the league in NML and Osula we don't leave at least one up top.

Having said that, we were on top and deserved to edge that.  Thought all of the back 4 had a stellar game in particular.

Was thinking the same.  He had that purple patch of 5 or 6 games but has now reverted back to looking a lost figure who seems to make obvious fouls and not really be in the game as much.  Perhaps he's always been that kind of player.  

24 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Any reason you keep leaving large blank areas in every post ???

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was thinking the same.  He had that purple patch of 5 or 6 games but has now reverted back to looking a lost figure who seems to make obvious fouls and not really be in the game as much.  Perhaps he's always been that kind of player.  

The service to him is absolutely dire to be fair.  Totally living off scraps and flogs his guts out for us every game.  Really don't think we are playing to his strengths.

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

Collins shouldve done better with that late chance NML put it on a plate for him

Any sort of decent contact from that distance its a goal. He should have taken charge when the ball dropped for him and Dobbins where they left it to each other. Another great chance to hit the ball from 6 or 7 yards out.

Today was a bit scrappy and the sides cancelled each other out , thought the atmosphere was a bit flat which was probably a mix of the cold and the game not being the most exciting, the best attempt at raising the atmosphere was by the ref with his terrible display, no derby attacker could poss hold the ball up with constant shirt pulling from behind or pushing into their back which the ref just ignored ??‍♂️,

that said , much as I desperately wanted a win the draw is not the worst result , we are hard to beat these days , the soft centre has gone, and if we are in a position to get a few in in January I reckon we could have a good run at play offs

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Today was a bit scrappy and the sides cancelled each other out , thought the atmosphere was a bit flat which was probably a mix of the cold and the game not being the most exciting, the best attempt at raising the atmosphere was by the ref with his terrible display, no derby attacker could poss hold the ball up with constant shirt pulling from behind or pushing into their back which the ref just ignored ??‍♂️,

that said , much as I desperately wanted a win the draw is not the worst result , we are hard to beat these days , the soft centre has gone, and if we are in a position to get a few in in January I reckon we could have a good run at play offs

We’re not giving the ball away be messing around at the back it’s probably saving 10 goals a season just by cutting that out.

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Surely not when he didn’t even see them as fouls when done by Wednesday players.

He seemed to pick up on every little foul committed by our forwards but not their forwards.  I thought that he let both defences get away with quite a bit, I can't remember one free kick in a dangerous position for either side.

Has anyone seen a replay of the incident with the stamp on Smith?

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Spot on Archie, The shirt pull from Cashin in the 1st half I thought was pretty cute, Wendies player shirt  was almost off his back, Both teams worked hard, Wildsmiths save in the 2nd half shows Wednesday lost a cracking keeper, All in all I thought we just shaved it with out being clinical, Another day and we score a couple.

We are now hard to beat...like a boiled egg ?

We are not the same team with Laing. He's our out and out threat. He frightens teams to death, they stand off him, which allows the likes of Collins to be where they need to be, infront of goal. We're no where near as dangerous without NML, players dropping too deep, not as quick. 

Once he's back I'm confident Collins starts scoring again.