Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I expected Wednesday to be much better than they were but again proves the point there is nothing to fear in this league. A point was fair and a decent point all things considered.

Ref was awful.

You don't think that there's a reason for that, and that reason was we stopped them? I thought they looked very dangerous at times but we mostly negated them very well.

Look at our team, no fullbacks, one centre-half. Lots of youngsters and hardly anyone over 6 foot! ?

We had better chances than them and were short of some good players.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I saw the Sibley incident it was either a punch when Wed player had he his arm around him or an ear pull, On a cold day like yesterday...they come keen, And to be fair Sibley when he got up was more concerned about his hair, As for this lad he's fixated with making sure it's in the right style...bless him 

Bless him he's not the handsomest youth is he, maybe he has lovely hair! ?

Watching the replays on RamsTV when the tackle went in the guy sort of rolled over Sibley and pulled his ear as Sibley was on the deck. Looked very painful, not of the type of little 'facial tap' you usually see players fall unconscious from! I thought it was bad enough to be a red card.

Pretty sure the same player was involved in other thuggish behaviour. The ref let them get away with some proper rough stuff. Us he didn't, not that we did any...oh other than Hourihane sliding into a tackle a bit late.

Edited by RoyMac5

A shout out for Wildsmith, I didn't know who he was when he came here, Never heard of him, Thought he may be our number 2 at the very best, He's now kept 11 clean sheets(no washing puns)that's a good testament for our defence of which Wildsmith is part of, One save in the 2nd half when it looked easier to score spoke volumes of his ability.

This lad would fetch a few million now in the transfer market...not that we'll be selling him?

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A shout out for Wildsmith, I didn't know who he was when he came here, Never heard of him, Thought he may be our number 2 at the very best, He's now kept 11 clean sheets(no washing puns)that's a good testament for our defence of which Wildsmith is part of, One save in the 2nd half when it looked easier to score spoke volumes of his ability.

This lad would fetch a few million now in the transfer market...not that we'll be selling him?

Agreed. Our patched together defence just seems calm compared to other recent keepers. 

Well, I made it! Thought it was an ok game with odd bits of decent football. As has been said many times the officials were dire. I usually give them a bit of slack as I used to watch my dad reffing local games but this lot were beyond the pale. I thought we just shaded it but we don’t seem to get out of the habit of taking one touch or one pass too many.

I did look for @Anag Ram on the station platform but there were rather a lot of men in Derby scarves and I really didn’t fancy getting a reputation for accosting ‘strange’ men! I thought I’d recognise his nanny but I didn’t see her either!

I’m so pleased to know I can manage a whole day including travel on my own. A bit tiring though as I slept nearly 12 hours last night! But well worth it to know I can do it.

16 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

My daughter has chicken pox so had to make do with Rams TV today, and with me going down under before our next home game I won’t be getting to a game until the Barnsley FA cup clash in Jan. 

I actually enjoyed the game. Saw loads of positives, I saw us trying to play the right way with real intent and aggression, we were just that final pass away from scoring a couple of goals. Defensively Wednesday tested us but Fozzy and Cashin were outstanding. Best centre half pairing in League 1 right now IMO. 

Other standouts were Dobbin who gets better every game, I’m starting to think he’s some talent.  Hourihane (second half in particular), Bird, Sibley (at times) also did well along with Smith who was solid. Didn’t think Collins had his best game today, McGoldrick and Barkhuizen were both hit and miss today. Pleased to see the bench looking stronger, get NML back to full fitness that will help.

If we can get a right back in January and some other attacking options think we can have a strong second half of the season, get in the playoffs and who knows maybe more? 

Feeling quite positive about where we’re at and liking how our style under Warne is developing

Fair play , you really are a “Glass half full “ man. But you can be , sat in the warm?.I was amazed looking at the predictions , how many fans expected a thrilling goal fest. We are getting to know our manager now and you could tell by his tactical changes , he was happy with a draw.

Not the best game this season, but I think that we might be a little over critical, having been watching wall to wall World Cup football for the last couple of weeks from the comfort of our living rooms or pubs. It was a cold miserable day at a rubbish kick off time as well.

I've been critical of Bird this season, but I thought that this was one of his best displays. Also, I feel that Dobbin is improving and could be a major player in the second half of the season, especially if he learns how to finish. He's starting to take on defenders more and more, weaving between 2 or 3 at a time, situations like this need to end up with the ball in the back of the net.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Fair play , you really are a “Glass half full “ man. But you can be , sat in the warm?.I was amazed looking at the predictions , how many fans expected a thrilling goal fest. We are getting to know our manager now and you could tell by his tactical changes , he was happy with a draw.

Then why bring Mendez Laing on for the last 10 or so minutes? Was he making up a back 5 with Nat in the middle?! ?

51 minutes ago, archram said:

Well, I made it! Thought it was an ok game with odd bits of decent football. As has been said many times the officials were dire. I usually give them a bit of slack as I used to watch my dad reffing local games but this lot were beyond the pale. I thought we just shaded it but we don’t seem to get out of the habit of taking one touch or one pass too many.

I did look for @Anag Ram on the station platform but there were rather a lot of men in Derby scarves and I really didn’t fancy getting a reputation for accosting ‘strange’ men! I thought I’d recognise his nanny but I didn’t see her either!

I’m so pleased to know I can manage a whole day including travel on my own. A bit tiring though as I slept nearly 12 hours last night! But well worth it to know I can do it.

Did the top hat not give me away? ?

Glad you made it. Other games will be better 

1 hour ago, archram said:

Well done! The game wasn't as bad as some are inclined to make out, but I think this and your earlier posts do rather put a few things in perspective. Glad you had a nice long kip too. I'd say it was well earned. 

COYR

1 hour ago, archram said:

He was at the train station, His Nanny and the good Lady, God knows what the Copper was doing ?

image.png.f342e40e1ca9a7de75acd59c2c502115.png

Thought we were OK for the first 60 minutes. Quite lively. Thought Bird and Smith were very good first half and Dobbin was more effective. Just needed a little more incisiveness.The two Sheffield subs up front improved things for them and they had the better of the last 20 minutes helped with the Officials rapidly going down the pan and favouring them completely.

Thought our defence was excellent second half with Forsyth outstanding.

Not the best game but certainly far from the worst imo.

Given Wednesday’s style of play there would have been a time when they would have come away with 3 points but they didn’t.

The more games I watch in League one the more I am convinced that PW knows what he’s doing, the football isn’t pretty and the officials mostly have vision defects but the brand of football we play makes us a resilient team and perhaps that’s what you need to get out of this league.

10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The ironic thing about Dobbins booking was that when he kicked the ball against the hording, the ball rebounded back to roughly were the free kick was to be taken. 

An act of petulance maybe but certainly not a time wasting act. The over zealous official could certainly have let that offence go. 

If you missed the game, this was probably  deemed a highlight of the game and as exciting as it got. 

I’m pretty sure Dobbin’s booking was for showing dissent to the linesman, to whom he gave a right mouthful. That’s what the ref seemed to be indicating to him.