Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Listening on Radio Derby now (via RamsTV) and they are just flabbergasted by the refereeing. 

It’s been poor, Sheff Weds have played the game right on the edge and been allowed to get away with plenty. One or two decisions gone our way (Hourihane should probably have been booked and we got a throw that was definitely there’s) but the majority has been in the Wendies favour and they’ve got away with some genuinely rough gamesmanship without even a booking I don’t think 

Game over, 0-0 against one of the supposedly better sides in the division, they’ve got a squad put together over a few transfer windows now and our thrown together group of old timers and youngsters more than matched them. 
Take the point, no more injuries and go into some very winnable games now with 4 of the current bottom 6 coming up. ? 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s been poor, Sheff Weds have played the game right on the edge and been allowed to get away with plenty. One or two decisions gone our way (Hourihane should probably have been booked and we got a throw that was definitely there’s) but the majority has been in the Wendies favour and they’ve got away with some genuinely rough gamesmanship without even a booking I don’t think 

How Johnson got away without a booking in that game I’ll never know.

I’m glad I made the correct decision to have a weekend away, that was a boring watch. 
Cashin’s distribution out of defence needs work.  The midfield looked lack of ideas and the strikers looked like they’d never played for us before.

From the perspective of RamsTV today.

We need more ‘care’ from our players in the final third. McGoldrick and Collins especially who I don’t think have been great the last few games overall.

Forsyth is currently in his best patch of form that he’s had in some years. Positionally he’s excellent, fully deserved motm. 

Poor ref it has to be said. They can make mistakes and all that, but when you are misreading a players intent I find it hard not to criticise. Yes you can look at the stamp, and possibly Sibley being elbowed, but that obstruction on Mendez-Laing at the end is the best example. Player has no intent for the ball and just looks to step in NML’s way and ref doesn’t see it, the player even moves away from the ball and towards NML. Refereeing is about reading the game and the ref failed in that today.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Game over, 0-0 against one of the supposedly better sides in the division, they’ve got a squad put together over a few transfer windows now and our thrown together group of old timers and youngsters more than matched them. 
Take the point, no more injuries and go into some very winnable games now with 4 of the current bottom 6 coming up. ? 

So what do we reckon, about 2 points from that lot. It’s the Derby way. 

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Love it when Bird looks forward and plays those through balls down the channels, good defending there denied Osula after a great threaded pass from Bird. 

Thats the one time for the season for bird, carrying too many plays too negative 

18 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Rubbish no threat up front and creativity anywhere. Fozzy was star man but no one else worthy of a 5 . 

Not Cashin? Or Smith? Or Sibley? Or Wildsmith? Who as part of the back 5 helped Forsyth to keep them out, nor the other outfield players who also contributed defensively.

We drew with one of the better sides in this league, extended our unbeaten run in the league to 6 games and 10 in all competitions. We’re just outside the playoffs with a game in hand and have a favourable run of games coming up (on paper) with key players back from injury at the right time.

Have you considered taking up a new hobby? One that affords you more optimism and joy?