Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I notice this has brought out the wrist-slashers in force. How long do you reckon it will be until they've burnt themselves out and it'll be safe to come back on the forum? ? 

I'm one of the most optimistic fans you will get but I'm not going to stick my fingers in my ears and go La La La pretending all is good whilst watching that. 

That second half was shameful. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on, I reckon his non-existence was half of why Cash was running around so madly!

Bird was certainly decent as was Sibbo 1st half.

It all hinged on the red card. They'd had us under pressure and that just helped them step it up.

Very few of our players seem able to challenge well for the ball in the air. 

If you can find someone else who cleared the ball let me know 

Forsyth just said that the ref asked him if he was the one who fouled the forward for the penalty, so he clearly didn't see what happened and guessed it should be a sending off. Forsyth said to the ref that it wasn't up to him to tell the ref what happened.

To me it is a startling indictment of how bad the ref actually was.

Edited by Loughborough Ram

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Not wrist slashing. I’m not a wrist slasher but the performance needs to be called out. 6 penos conceded in 8 matches. Awful second half. Truly awful. Well done Torquay but fans are right to be angry. That was horrendous and lucky to get a replay. 

It's a cup tie played in tricky conditions which we were dealing comfortably with until Cashin gave the ref a chance to even things up. We didn't manage 10v11 as well as we could have, but we're a hotch-potch of a team equally split between two generations with little in between and don't deserve roasting when we don't perform. 

We're still in the cup as well, though it sounds more like we got knocked out. 

Paul Warne's interview was spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

One person to blame and he was sent off, Character is what can make a player in circumstances like this, Lack of character is what we had today, They wanted it more than us and it showed.

Now starting to get a little concerned with giving pens away and sending's off and a poor disciplinary record, Another game to clog up an already congested fixture list.  

Nonsense.

Not one of Cashin’s best games and was foolish to be (rightly) sent off but I think the rest of the team must take some responsibility for the poor second half performance. 

It’s a gift from the ref in my opinion. Some absolutely shocking decisions during that second half, and didn’t give Derby anything in that last 10. I don’t think he gave anything against Jarvis all game and he was their main culprit. 

For those complaining about the performance, look at the conditions, those expecting passes and keep ball aren’t ever gonna get in those conditions  today. 

Essentially I thought we were pretty professional and looked good, the sending off is a poor decision and changes the game completely when they also have the wind behind them. 

It is what it is and I don’t want to go really OTT about our performance because the game was always going to be that, especially with our lack of depth. We should be clear by half time yes, but it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think it’s the result that’s upsetting us. It was the very poor (even allowing for being down to 10 men) second half performance.

Torquay certainly deserved at least a reply but I’m not sure it will be that big a payday for them once you’ve deducted the costs of staging the game. I doubt very much it will be anywhere near a big crown and I would expect ticket prices to be low. I wouldn’t be too sure about them getting a battering either.

Obviously meant “crowd” not “crown”.