How good is NML

Loughborough Ram

I like most on here have watched years of football and seen thousands of players but sometimes you don't appreciate how good a player is until he plays for your team.

Nathaniel Mendez Laing falls into that category for me. I've always considered him a bit of a flighty player who is largely anonymous, a bit lazy but who might get you an occasional goal. Having now watched him for a dozen or so games I think that he is a quality player, with bags of skill, a team ethic and who isn't afraid to work his socks off. I'm surprised how many of our goals he seems to be at the heart of.

In my opinion he is probably our signing of the summer and if we are going to be successful it will be due, in a large part to him.

POTY so far IMO, even including the RWB stint which is hopefully over forever. 

It irked me that he ended up at Sheff Wed's in L1 last season tbh rather than with us in the Championship. Would have made a real difference. 

He's certainly not just a powerhouse, could tell that even in pre season. 

Edited by Kokosnuss

First-time poster here.

Other than Cash, in the games I've watched and listened to he's probably been our most consistent player so far. Wasted at RWB but still gave it a go. Pace, strength, can pass, cross and shoot. Gives loads of effort We must keep him fit and well this season if we want to be successful. And yes, I would have his babies!!

Edited by DiggerB

Didzy revealed in his post match on Radio Derby that he’s always bigging up NML and telling him he’s too good for League One. Have to agree, he’s been excellent in every game. Refreshing to have a proper winger with pace, skill, and end product. Puts in a shift as well.

Player of the season so far, by a country mile.

15 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I like most on here have watched years of football and seen thousands of players but sometimes you don't appreciate how good a player is until he plays for your team.

Nathaniel Mendez Laing falls into that category for me. I've always considered him a bit of a flighty player who is largely anonymous, a bit lazy but who might get you an occasional goal. Having now watched him for a dozen or so games I think that he is a quality player, with bags of skill, a team ethic and who isn't afraid to work his socks off. I'm surprised how many of our goals he seems to be at the heart of.

In my opinion he is probably our signing of the summer and if we are going to be successful it will be due, in a large part to him.

Cannot understand why Wendies let him go