January Window

1of4

A few short months ago, we were on the brink of extinction. 

Now, some are demanding all of the available budget is spent, right up to the agreed limit, which we're supposedly well within.

We won't get to carry the surplus forward to next year, so we might as well spend it now, is an argument I've seen on here today.

Such past largesse is what's seen us in this mess, how about we support Clowes and don't demand he puts in every last penny he's budgeted, and instead spends his money wisely?

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Now, some are demanding all of the available budget is spent, right up to the agreed limit, which we're supposedly well within.

We won't get to carry the surplus forward to next year, so we might as well spend it now, is an argument I've seen on here today.

Such past largesse is what's seen us in this mess, how about we support Clowes and don't demand he puts in every last penny he's budgeted, and instead spends his money wisely?

Mmmmm…..nah ?

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Why? Makes no odds, but the anticipation is part of the deadline day experience in my opinion.

There is enough speculation on social media without the local media chipping in and stirring it up.

I’m happier, and reckon it’s better for the club, if nothing is announced until it’s official. I personally don’t get a lot of enjoyment out of names being banded around that may or may not come to fruitition.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I despair too. How much training and practice does the average football Joe need in amortisation, discounted cash flow, management accounting, asset revaluations, etc., before it starts to sink in?

Jim Carrey GIF

Underwhelming a good word for today if that’s it. Needed a right back for about seven months now. Also Osula went back three weeks ago.

get the points about budget and being happy we still have a club. At some point we have to start to look forward again. But feel we have a real chance at automatic promotion, could do with more options off the bench or starting. Warne said as much last night.

and not writing him off yet but springett looks pretty underwhelming, I’m not convinced he improves us much. Plange as a striker would have helped?

let’s see how we go for the last few months.