Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

I think it’s most likely I’m going to miss this one. Haven’t missed any, home or away for a few years now but this trip was booked a year ago. We are in Blackpool till Friday with most of the family (10 grandkids). I was hoping we would be playing a north west team away but no such luck. I have considered driving back for the match but I would be missing quite a lot of the time and the hotel is all inclusive, plus we have all these away matches coming up, so with heavy heart I’ve made the decision to give it a miss. Oh, and it’s also our 47th wedding anniversary on the day.?

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I think it’s most likely I’m going to miss this one. Haven’t missed any, home or away for a few years now but this trip was booked a year ago. We are in Blackpool till Friday with most of the family (10 grandkids). I was hoping we would be playing a north west team away but no such luck. I have considered driving back for the match but I would be missing quite a lot of the time and the hotel is all inclusive, plus we have all these away matches coming up, so with heavy heart I’ve made the decision to give it a miss. Oh, and it’s also our 47th wedding anniversary on the day.?

Half fan.  I’m sure B4 will offer you a solution to all this.

I'm pleased for the Ipswich game there was no mention that Knight wouldn't start until the teamsheets were in with an hour to go. Finally a bit of professionalism at the club in terms of keeping our opponents guessing.

I've just watched the full Ipswich game. It's confirmed to me that Barks can't play left wingback, and shouldn't be asked to. instead we should have NML/Barks vying for the position on the right and Fozzy/Rpberts on the left. Mendez-Laing can't really run after 60 minutes so the obvious thing would be to swap them over with NML getting 60 to try to prove he should start and then Barks getting 35 to try to show he should replace him. Though people on this thread are suggesting Barks is injured and won't start anyway.

It's also clear Davies continues to struggle with injury. He's a warrior, but are we hoping he will somehow play his way back to fitness? Obviously he took quite a knock so this might be too soon for him anyway.

We shouldn't be starting with 2 such inexperienced forwards. We need to ask more of McGoldrick rather than simply bringing him on towards the end.

Presuming Knight, Barkhuizen and Davies miss out...

Wildsmith

Stearman     Chester     Cashin

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Smith     Bird     Forsyth

McGoldrick

Osula

Subs: Loach Oduroh Roberts Thompson Hourihane Dobbin Wheeldon

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's here. They'll play Tuesday night, beat us, then the review will be completed and they'll be banned for four weeks. It's the Derby way! 

Keeper will make 10 world class saves then the striker will score the winner then 9:45pm Tuesday they’ll be banned 

I’m hoping our players will be OK to play on Tuesday, there’s more to the events on Saturday night than meets the eye. Video also circulating of a pissed up bloke following our players wives into the ladies toilets and punching one of them. Allegedly argyle fans who stopped in Exeter on their way back from Bristol. Fingers crossed our lads are commended for their actions in slapping those t****.

19 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

I’m hoping our players will be OK to play on Tuesday, there’s more to the events on Saturday night than meets the eye. Video also circulating of a pissed up bloke following our players wives into the ladies toilets and punching one of them. Allegedly argyle fans who stopped in Exeter on their way back from Bristol. Fingers crossed our lads are commended for their actions in slapping those t****.

Maybe just a 1 game ban for 8 of them starting Monday…..whilst further investigations are made ?

I never expected to see Devonian ethnic tensions played out on a DCFC forum, but as we're playing all 3 of Devons top teams this season, I guess we must brace ourselves for more of this.

Who are your most famous living supporters by the way?

Ours are : Niall Horan, Jack O'Connell, Robert Lindsay, b4, Lord Michael of Derby and Lisa-of-the-Magenta-Hair.

Ours would be Chris Martin of Coldplay (used to be a season ticket holder, his dad still is), Joss Stone (member of the Supporters Trust that owns the club) and Liam Tancock, the Olympic swimmer (born and bred in Exeter, still regularly goes to games).

I make that a draw, possibly an away win.

In case you didn’t know, and assuming any of you give a flying one, we are one of the very few clubs in the country that are owned by the Supporters Trust. So we have no external debt (other than to the Trust), but no real assets other than the players, particularly the young Academy players, which are the main source of keeping us going. We bring through youngsters and then play them and / or sell them.

Names you might know who came through our Academy and we sold for decent money:

Ollie Watkins, Matt Grimes, Ryan Harley, Jordan Storey, Jordan Moore-Taylor, Christy Pym, Dean Moxey (played for you lot), George Friend, Alfie Pond (just sold to Wolves for £500k), Jay Stansfield (sold to Fulham now back on loan to us), Ethan Ampadu, Mark Ellis, David Fox, Jordan Tillson, etc.

Just realised we’re great at producing really good Jordans.

So, we’re never going to win the Premier League, but we’re sustainable and trying to punch above our weight in a world of mega-bucks clubs. We’re the underdog’s underdog and we bloody love it.

That’s why seeing the lads walk out at Pride Park will mean so much to us. For our boys to be on the same pitch as a famous, proper club like Derby County will be wonderful to see. To win would involve several pairs of pants in the away end being soiled.

If you’ve read this far, thanks for humouring me.

Edited by fred binneys head

4 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Ours would be Chris Martin of Coldplay (used to be a season ticket holder, his dad still is), Joss Stone (member of the Supporters Trust that owns the club) and Liam Tancock, the Olympic swimmer (born and bred in Exeter, still regularly goes to games).

I make that a draw, possibly an away win.

In case you didn’t know, and assuming any of you give a flying one, we are one of the very few clubs in the country that are owned by the Supporters Trust. So we have no external debt (other than to the Trust), but no real assets other than the players, particularly the young Academy players, which are the main source of keeping us going. We bring through youngsters and then play them and / or sell them.

Names you might know who came through our Academy and we sold for decent money:

Ollie Watkins, Matt Grimes, Ryan Harley, Jordan Storey, Jordan Moore-Taylor, Christy Pym, Dean Moxey (played for you lot), George Friend, Alfie Pond (just sold to Wolves for £500k), Jay Stansfield (sold to Fulham now back on loan to us), Ethan Ampadu, Mark Ellis, David Fox, Jordan Tillson, etc.

Just realised we’re great at producing really good Jordans.

So, we’re never going to win the Premier League, but we’re sustainable and trying to punch above our weight in a world of mega-bucks clubs. We’re the underdog’s underdog and we bloody love it.

That’s why seeing the lads walk out at Pride Park will mean so much to us. For our boys to be on the same pitch as a famous, proper club like Derby County will be wonderful to see. To win would involve several pairs of pants in the away end being soiled.

If you’ve read this far, thanks for humouring me.

Firstly, we have had our own Chris Martin, far more famous than yours! ?

Secondly, we tried to buy Ollie Watkins, but you wanted more for him than we offered and you said no. Then you sold him to Brentford for less than we offered. What was that all about, then? 

Lastly, I really enjoyed my only visit so far to St James Park, where I stood on the Big Bank. Your fans were very welcoming. Admittedly, you weren't playing Derby at the time! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Secondly, we tried to buy Ollie Watkins, but you wanted more for him than we offered and you said no. Then you sold him to Brentford for less than we offered. What was that all about, then? 

Lastly, I really enjoyed my only visit so far to St James Park, where I stood on the Big Bank. Your fans were very welcoming. Admittedly, you weren't playing Derby at the time! 

I’m not convinced you offered more. Plus we always get decent add ons and thank God we did with Brentford - we got £2m from them and then a further £5m when they sold him to Villa. The deal we got from Brentford we thought was fair, the deal from you wouldn’t have been enough.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Have it on good authority he didn't want to move to Derby at that time. Nowt to do with money, there was loads of champ clubs sniffing around as well

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I never expected to see Devonian ethnic tensions played out on a DCFC forum, but as we're playing all 3 of Devons top teams this season, I guess we must brace ourselves for more of this

This didn't register before - 3 Devon teams? Are you including Bristol Rovers in there? They're not from Devon.

Oh, and while I'm here, how the actual f*** did you throw away the game against our inbred cousins, Plymouth f****** Argyle? If ever I wanted Derby to win a game it was that one. I hope you're as generous with us.

3 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

This didn't register before - 3 Devon teams? Are you including Bristol Rovers in there? They're not from Devon.

Oh, and while I'm here, how the actual f*** did you throw away the game against our inbred cousins, Plymouth f****** Argyle? If ever I wanted Derby to win a game it was that one. I hope you're as generous with us.

They were better than us but their second goal was offside….