Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

42 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I was posting in the matchday thread and pretty sure mentioned a couple of sublime Bird passes in the first 5. Thought he was going to have a stellar night.

He was heading for a great night, but for some reason he was pulled back towards the CDM role, so all the life was strangled out of him. I hope it wasn't Warne that ordered the change.

On 25/10/2022 at 20:41, Rammy03 said:

I think what we probably need is a mixture of Liam's possession football and Warne's 'direct' style. That's what I want to see, fast paced football with plenty of chances created. A bit like how Liverpool have played under Klopp.

Couldnt agree more

think ultimately we’ll evolve to something slightly easier on the eye 

we need time and an unrestricted transfer window .. when was the last one? 2 ? 3 years ago? 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

I'm shocked!

Master class from pw.

Changed the formation.

Mcgoldrick brilliant.

Very satisfied fan.

But, can we make this happen against the big clubs in this division

Not sure we fans will be overjoyed to keep repeating a 0-0 scoreline, even against the big clubs.  I'd much prefer to see 4-2 wins, just like the game immediately after this one!  ? 

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

Errr that's us! ?‍♂️

The top 2 teams in a league are the big teams in the league, yes we can claim to have previously played in the Premier league but so can several other teams in this league.

There's a high probability we will win the next two games, but our form of late must improve on an ongoing basis.

We could finish in the play off positions, but that doesn't guarantee promotion.

If promoted, we must have a transfer budget and next season as with this one we will not have a transfer budget.

I don't want us to do what happened under pw tenure at Rotherham, promoted then immediately relegated.

We will be a big club when our team in my eyes, when we are strong enough to challenge in the Championship.

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

The top 2 teams in a league are the big teams in the league, yes we can claim to have previously played in the Premier league but so can several other teams in this league.

There's a high probability we will win the next two games, but our form of late must improve on an ongoing basis.

We could finish in the play off positions, but that doesn't guarantee promotion.

If promoted, we must have a transfer budget and next season as with this one we will not have a transfer budget.

I don't want us to do what happened under pw tenure at Rotherham, promoted then immediately relegated.

We will be a big club when our team in my eyes, when we are strong enough to challenge in the Championship.

Our attendance yesterday was the highest in league one, higher than anyone in the championship and higher than half the Premier league, other clubs bring far more away fans to Pride park than usually travel on their big day out. 
Certainly in this division at least we are a big club.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Our attendance yesterday was the highest in league one, higher than anyone in the championship and higher than half the Premier league, other clubs bring far more away fans to Pride park than usually travel on their big day out. 
Certainly in this division at least we are a big club.

Good to know, but attentandance doesn't guarantee promotion.

9 hours ago, Rampant said:

The lad up front looks promising too (the one whose dad played for them too).

Stansfield. Was a youth player picked off by Fulham, cane back on loan for a season. He'll be a prem player next season, real quality but proper grounded personality as well