Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

First game under a new manager - Exeter players will be running their socks off trying to impress the new Gaffer. We need to sort our midfield out asap It’s supposed to be the engine room of the team.

It's unfortunate timing. Gary Caldwell is an atrocious appointment, an astonishingly bad choice. But it's his first match in charge so the new manager impetus will kick in while it will take a few matches before the effect of just how inept the new man in charge is becomes clear.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

We usually have a drummer in amongst the South stand Nutters, but whether you can have one or not, I don't know. It could be deemed an offensive weapon, you know!

Or a fire hazard. Has the drum got a fire safety certificate if not it will have to go in a fireproof locker until after the game.

1 hour ago, ROKERITE said:

It's unfortunate timing. Gary Caldwell is an atrocious appointment, an astonishingly bad choice. But it's his first match in charge so the new manager impetus will kick in while it will take a few matches before the effect of just how inept the new man in charge is becomes clear.

Why is he so bad ?

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree it’s not a must win game but I’d say it’s one we should be “aiming” to win. Not just avoid defeat.

Absolutely. A clean sheet or just avoiding clumsy / careless defending would be a good building block. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why is he so bad ?

Nothing is certain in football and Caldwell might prove me wrong. But his managerial record and the low regard in which he is held by supporters of the teams he's managed would suggest this is a very bad appointment by The Grecians.

His managerial career started very well. He took Wigan straight back up to The Championship as title winners in his first full season. But it's been all downhill ever since. Fans of a club where a manager has been sacked will rarely have anything good to say about their former man. But the vitriolic language used by both Chesterfield and Partick Thistle supporters regarding Caldwell is particularly extreme. At both clubs he was an abysmal failure and he is very fortunate to have been given the Exeter City post. It has taken Exeter ten seasons to eventually gain promotion to League One and I fear they'll regret placing their hard won status in the hands of Mr Caldwell.

Tonight's Ref is in his first season in the efl

Adam Herczeg

Over the last 12 months Adam Herczeg has refereed 30 games, comprising 2 League One games, 6 League Two games, 10 National League games, 2 Premier League 2 - Div 2 games, 6 Premier League 2 - Div 1 games, 3 EFL Trophy games and 1 EFL Cup game. In addition he has been the Fourth Official 16 times.

During this period he has issued 79 yellow cards at a rate of 2.63 per game and 2 red cards at a rate of 0.07 per game.

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Adam Herczeg

Over the last 12 months Adam Herczeg has refereed 30 games, comprising 2 League One games, 6 League Two games, 10 National League games, 2 Premier League 2 - Div 2 games, 6 Premier League 2 - Div 1 games, 3 EFL Trophy games and 1 EFL Cup game. In addition he has been the Fourth Official 16 times.

During this period he has issued 79 yellow cards at a rate of 2.63 per game and 2 red cards at a rate of 0.07 per game.

How many pens has he given out? He’s about to double it

50 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Adam Herczeg

Yes. but how many penalties has he given!?

On 24/10/2022 at 17:20, fred binneys head said:

Atmosphere should be good, we've sold over 1,100 tickets.

Should be, City have taken a good following away all season and Derby's South Stand is the singing/lively end which is usually good

Genuinely torn on this one, been a Derby fan since I was young, but live on the outskirts of Exeter and go to most home games with my kids so have grown fond of them(City,not my kids, they're little s***s ?