Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

41 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

This didn't register before - 3 Devon teams? Are you including Bristol Rovers in there? They're not from Devon.

Oh, and while I'm here, how the actual f*** did you throw away the game against our inbred cousins, Plymouth f****** Argyle? If ever I wanted Derby to win a game it was that one. I hope you're as generous with us.

I think he may be including our game against the mighty Torquay United in the cup.  

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Every game is a must win game.

We are Derby County.

#neverSettle

Seems a strange comment.  We've won most of our games (just over half) in just two seasons this century.  So basically 'We are Derby County' is nothing to do with 'Every game is a must win game'.

Correct re Torquay United. 

Re : Ollie Watkins, my recollection at the time was that ECFC were asking £1.8m for the player in the January, which Derby matched, but out of the blue ECFC demanded £3.3m. Amazingly, and probably for the only time during Mel Morris' tenure, DCFC withdrew. Then in the summer, Watkins signed for Brentford for about what Derby originally offered. Very strange. Whether it was all down to Watkins not wanting to sign for Derby, or ECFC trying it on, is unclear.

There is of course a sub-group of Derby fans called the "If Only We'd Signed Ollie Watkins We'd Be Laughing" Group and, to an extent, they have a point. 

Edited by Crewton

10 hours ago, Mrso said:

Seems a strange comment.  We've won most of our games (just over half) in just two seasons this century.  So basically 'We are Derby County' is nothing to do with 'Every game is a must win game'.

I think the joke went over your head. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.

Edited by Tamworthram

Browsing the League 1 stats, (BBC/espn), Exeter have two players topping the assists chart, Brown & Nombe, as well as the GS charts. They appear a side who score & concede, 7/8 of their last games have seen them score at least two as well as concede with regularity. For us, Bird has two assists & Collins is top scorer with 4. We've had this problem for seasons now, the lack of creativity across the team, other players creating chances for fellow attackers though we hope McGoldrick will do so.

I fear our side lacks pace at the back and has a few square pegs in round holes at the minute as we continue to reshape our squad following a good 18 months of turmoil, two if we recollect that Cocu was sacked around this time of year in 2020.

Two tricky games against promoted sides, I don't see this as an easy game at all. Yes, we should win, but Exeter have already won at Barnsley. They have a front-line that has one promising loan striker and which seems to be working well in tandem together, we are still reshaping our front-line, Osula is promising, Dobbin still finding a role and we need McGoldrick to stay injury-free & to start building some understandings across defence, midfield & attack. 

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Correct re Torquay United. 

Re : Ollie Watkins, my recollection at the time was that ECFC were asking £1.8m for the player in the January, which Derby matched, but out of the blue ECFC demanded £3.3m. Amazingly, and probably for the only time during Mel Morris' tenure, DCFC withdrew. Then in the summer, Watkins signed for Brentford for about what Derby originally offered. Very strange. Whether it was all down to Watkins not wanting to sign for Derby, or ECFC trying it on, is unclear.

There is of course a sub-group of Derby fans called the "If Only We'd Signed Ollie Watkins We'd Be Laughing" Group and, to an extent, they have a point. 

And is probably the only time is Mel Morris’ tenure we should have stumped up the asking price.

Pinched from the Exeter forum from a thread regards two players (Nombe & Blackman) who have been filmed being involved in a punch up at the weekend…….allegedly.

That will depend on what frame of mind he will be in……at least it is still only local news so hopefully if he does play the Derby fans will not know anything about so he will not get any grief from them.

Aint tinternet marvellous……………..……..don’t tell em ya name Pike! ?

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Oh dear! Exeter have got a new manager today. We need to do our own bounce. Or Bobble

First game under a new manager - Exeter players will be running their socks off trying to impress the new Gaffer. We need to sort our midfield out asap It’s supposed to be the engine room of the team.

32 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Atmosphere should be good, we've sold over 1,100 tickets. Do you allow drums in the stadium?

We usually have a drummer in amongst the South stand Nutters, but whether you can have one or not, I don't know. It could be deemed an offensive weapon, you know!

Edited by DavesaRam