Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

Bird, Smith and Hourihane sounds a horribly immobile midfield. Needed Sibley in there to link defence and attack and then McGoldrick playing as the support striker. That way we also have an extra forward-thinking player on the pitch. This selection smacks of a lack of goals. Hope I'm proved horribly wrong and we get a hatful, but I struggle to see where they're coming from.

Smith deserved his yellow but what’s followed has been a couple of questionable shouts in Exeter’s favour by the officials. Sibley appeared to win a throw off their player but the linesman gave it to Exeter then Osula seemingly pulled back when chasing a long ball forward and nothing given ? 

I hope Warne does manage to get going and obviously we could easily win this. But I do feel like his style has suddenly sapped a lot of the good vibes around the club. We’re a truly dire watch at times at the moment. 

Obviously this isn’t his squad, players like Roberts playing completely out of position and it really shows. But perhaps changing style mid season wasn’t the wisest move - I guess we’ll find out. I do find it slightly concerning how Warne doesn’t feel he can play a formation suiting our squad whilst also implementing his style, all managers should be able to use different formations.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Smith deserved his yellow but what’s followed has been a couple of questionable shouts in Exeter’s favour by the officials. Sibley appeared to win a throw off their player but the linesman gave it to Exeter then Osula seemingly pulled back when chasing a long ball forward and nothing given ? 

Yep, ref against us again…