Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I’m warming to this guy he really could be what we need. He will get my full support as Derby manager just like anyone else ?????

Well I hope Warne does well, it’s going to be a big change for him, fingers crossed he hits the ground running and gets results with a decent brand of football. 

It’ll be interesting to see how some of our purists take to him.

On Rosenior, it’s a shame he’s seems a good guy and he was doing a steady job in difficult circumstances, good luck to him in whatever he decides to do next. 

Mr Clowes clearly felt he needed to put his own man in there, and you have to respect his decision after what he’s done for our club. Fingers crossed it’s the right choice!

“Time for a change”.

After 9 games.

Does that mean that every manager only gets 9 or 10 games or one or two bad performances? If that’s the case then we are in for a never ending cycle of new managers (or at least calls for new managers by impatient fans).

I’m disappointed that LR has not been given the job permanently but I’m not crying or ‘wetting myself’ or anything like that. Happy to see what the new chap will do, but surely there comes a time when you have to give somebody a realistic amount of time to build a team and take the rough with the smooth?

If people were genuinely thinking it was ‘time for a change’ after so few games, what will change with Warne?

Probably nothing and I imagine those who are rejoicing at Warne’s appointment will also be the first asking for him to be replaced when there is any sign of adversity. 

Obviously, there are times when a manager has to go. But I don’t think LR’s brief time in charge suggested anything like that.

Hey ho, I suppose the argument is that he was ‘just’ an interim and so it’s definitely not a knee jerk reaction to a couple of bad performances and the new chap will be given time. Hope so.

This is from my mate who’s worked at Derby, Rotherham and other places in football. 
He’s a Spurs fan at heart but I’ll allow that weirdness from him. 
I asked his opinion on us getting Warne and this is his reply….. 

‘Mate what a signing ! If anyone can get you out of league 1 it’s him.! Likes a certain attitude doesn’t accept big time Charlie’s. Proper manager. Like wise Ritchie who comes with him and Matt.’ 

I’ll take that. 
I’ll get behind him. 
Hope Liam goes on to be successful in whatever he does. 

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

His Dad did all the hard work long before David joined the company. Not suggesting he isn’t a ‘good businessman’ but Clowes was established by Charles; David may be keeping up the good work, but he didn’t build the company from the ground up or anything like that. 

I know he did, he's had the correct grounding to continue his father's hard work, his wealth didn't come overnight, foundation's of good business principles. 

17 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Being controversial…

Who cares who the manager is? They come and go anyway these days.  I think most would take Orvill the green duck if we won lots of games and gets us promoted.

I cheer the team, not the dude of the day on the touchline..

But he wouldn't be able to take us way up in the sky .... But warne will ?

Edited by Danelaw Rams
Other

25 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Being controversial…

Who cares who the manager is? They come and go anyway these days.  I think most would take Orvill the green duck if we won lots of games and gets us promoted.

I cheer the team, not the dude of the day on the touchline..

Like the old Palermo owner Zamparini who kicked out (and in some case reinstated later same season) 40+ managers during his reign:

"They are really not that important anyway"

Palermo came advanced to Serie A, missed Champions League qualification at last game of the season and came runner's up in the Italian cup during his years if memory serves me right...

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

it's not an easy job for him to walk into from a player management perspective.

The break will help with transition.

And maybe some of the senior players saw LR’s inexperience and will encourage the dressing room  to welcome someone who knows the division well and has done it. 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

'Found out at championship level.' He was Rotherham manager, look at what he was working with. A manager is only as good as his players. He got the best out of what he had at Rotherham and I expect him to do so here, doesn't necessarily mean we will be playing 'rowettball'

You play the system that suits the players you have, not force the players to change the way they play. Soccer 101.