Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is the perfect game for us because of the opponents and their despicable, ambulance-chasing owner. I hope our fans make their feelings known. If it weren't for playing Wycombe who have wallowed in their cesspit of opportunism, then we might start to see a divide between the fans, who recognize the current missed opportunity down to management not getting basics right, and the management who fail to see the obvious. My hope is the unity of fans and players for this particular game will see us overwhelm the opposition with a much-needed win. A shame neither Rooney nor Smith are available. It's looking as if we're contractually obliged to play Osula, and obviously Rosenior is not going to abandon his 4-2-3-1. In which case I would go with:

Wildsmith

Oduroh     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Knight     Bird

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: Loach Roberts Stearman Hourihane Collins Dobbin Osula

If Chester's really ready, then maybe he gets a start, Cashin drops to the bench and Stearman drops out. Or maybe Chester comes onto the bench for Stearman and prepares for 20 minutes at the end if the match allows for it. And, in practice, hopefully this would be more of a 4-1-4-1 formation with Knight's energy seeing him up in support of the forwards a lot.

So you think we should play Sibbo ?

Please let’s go with something a kin to this…

Wildsmith

Cashin   Davies   Chester

Knight Bird  Hourihane  

Mendez Laing.                         Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Collins

We all know we have a box to box full international and we need to utilise his engine to help dominate the middle of the pitch. Can we please boss the midfield and I believe the rest will follow COYR ?????

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Please let’s go with something a kin to this…

Wildsmith

Cashin   Davies   Chester

Knight Bird  Hourihane  

Mendez Laing.                         Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Collins

We all know we have a box to box full international and we need to utilise his engine to help dominate the middle of the pitch. Can we please boss the midfield and I believe the rest will follow COYR ?????

So no full backs at all then? 

The key issue that we all seem to grasp but Liam doesn’t is that Knight is our best midfield player and MUST play there. After that, the whole structure of the team will be forward looking rather than backward looking. My own eleven would be:

Wildsmith

Oduroh  Davies  Cashin  Forsyth 

Knight  Bird

Mendez-Laing  McGoldrick  Barkhuizen 

Collins

Subs Loach Stearman Roberts Hourihane Sibley Dobbin Osula

Setting off in a minute. My lad and brother can’t make it so I’m on my own and it’s my birthday! I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else, I can’t wait.

The benefit of getting a single ticket is I’ve managed to get in the block behind the dugouts, so looking forward to a good view of Gareth Ainsworth’s locks flowing in the breeze. 

10 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Setting off in a minute. My lad and brother can’t make it so I’m on my own and it’s my birthday! I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else, I can’t wait.

The benefit of getting a single ticket is I’ve managed to get in the block behind the dugouts, so looking forward to a good view of Gareth Ainsworth’s locks flowing in the breeze. 

Hope you have a very happy birthday!

Weirdly got a good feeling about the game today, but the hope could fade when I see the team in half an hour. Hopefully Knight will be in midfield, I'd go with:

Wildsmith
Oduroh     Davies    Cashin     Forsyth

NML         Knight      Bird        Barkhuizen

McGoldrick    Collins    

What i would like to see:

Wildsmith

Oduroh Davies Cashin Forsyth

Bird

Knight sibley

NML mcgoldrick barkhuizen

What i think we will actually see: 

Wildsmith

Knight Davies Cashin roberts

Bird hourihane

sibley

NML collins dobbin

Think we win comfortably with first set up, but once again dominate possession with no end product with the second.

If we go same as last time i predict 2 - 0 defeat for us