Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

18 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Think this will be one off our smallest attendances for a league fixture this season, with the uncertainty over the fixture reference the Queen, and the fact the Wycombe support could arrive in a taxi, cant see it even making 25000 

It will 25k plus mate

21 hours ago, Rammed79 said:

Wildsmith

Oduroh  Davies   Chester   Forsyth 

Rooney 

Mendez laing   knight    Barkhuizen

Sibley 

Mcgoldrick 

I'd like us to try something like this would definitely like to see Jake Rooney given a go and think Cashin could do with a break and gives us a chance to check out Chester. I'm not a fan of two holding midfielders .

Me too!

3 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Think this will be one off our smallest attendances for a league fixture this season, with the uncertainty over the fixture reference the Queen, and the fact the Wycombe support could arrive in a taxi, cant see it even making 25000 

5,190 home tickets left for sale.

8 hours ago, BodminRam said:

24 to 25k would still be a magnificent attendance , especially is less than 1k from Wycombe ...one of the best atmospheres I have experienced at PP ( ST holder since 2000) was our win against Fulham and off top of my head think that gate was 22k ish... hoping for a cracking atmosphere on Sat

On 14/09/2022 at 21:09, Rammed79 said:

Wildsmith

Oduroh  Davies   Chester   Forsyth 

Rooney 

Mendez laing   knight    Barkhuizen

Sibley 

Mcgoldrick 

I'd like us to try something like this would definitely like to see Jake Rooney given a go and think Cashin could do with a break and gives us a chance to check out Chester. I'm not a fan of two holding midfielders .

I’d go with something like that.  I think I’d play Collins up front with McGoldrick just behind.  Rooney and Knight give us some energy in midfield.  Rooney also offers protection to Collins & Chester which is important when the full-backs have gone forward.  Knight can be box-to-box.  Currently Bird & Hourihane aren’t offering energy or protection.

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’d go with something like that.  I think I’d play Collins up front with McGoldrick just behind.  Rooney and Knight give us some energy in midfield.  Rooney also offers protection to Collins & Chester which is important when the full-backs have gone forward.  Knight can be box-to-box.  Currently Bird & Hourihane aren’t offering energy or protection.

Sorry to say that Rooney is injured.

On 15/09/2022 at 05:56, chadlad said:

I don’t understand why so many people are leaving Max Bird out of their team because for me he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

With little help from fellow midfielders at times has looked like the only one playing there as Conor looks to prefer playing out wide and in any case has a habit of drifting in and out of games. Bird and Knight in the middle of the pitch with NML and Barks the wide men and McGoldrick in behind Collins. 

Right back is obviously the problem position, do you trust Oduroh with his inexperience and lack of height, or maybe the left footed Roberts. I would go with Roberts but thankfully I don’t pick the team.

Max Bird has been poor this season. The Hourihane arrival hasn’t helped.

Both are far too similar. But Hourihane is a bigger goal threat and has been taking all the set-pieces presumably because he is better at them.

It means Bird’s role has diminished. He has been made captain, but he hasn’t actually contributed anything. 

When Smith came on against Posh we immediately looked far more threatening as he started playing the ball forward.

I think I can count on one had the amount of telling forward passes Bird has made per game, while he and Hourihane have been lightweight defensively and often outworked in midfield.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Max Bird has been poor this season. The Hourihane arrival hasn’t helped.

Both are far too similar. But Hourihane is a bigger goal threat and has been taking all the set-pieces presumably because he is better at them.

It means Bird’s role has diminished. He has been made captain, but he hasn’t actually contributed anything. 

When Smith came on against Posh we immediately looked far more threatening as he started playing the ball forward.

I think I can count on one had the amount of telling forward passes Bird has made per game, while he and Hourihane have been lightweight defensively and often outworked in midfield.

I have to disagree. Hourihane needs to play further forward, maybe as a No:10. He seems to be a luxury player who disappears  for long periods in a game but who nevertheless will pop up with the odd goal or assist. Bird and Knight in the centre of midfield with one of Sibley, McGoldrick or Hourihane in the No:10 role would be our strongest midfield lineup.

This is the perfect game for us because of the opponents and their despicable, ambulance-chasing owner. I hope our fans make their feelings known. If it weren't for playing Wycombe who have wallowed in their cesspit of opportunism, then we might start to see a divide between the fans, who recognize the current missed opportunity down to management not getting basics right, and the management who fail to see the obvious. My hope is the unity of fans and players for this particular game will see us overwhelm the opposition with a much-needed win. A shame neither Rooney nor Smith are available. It's looking as if we're contractually obliged to play Osula, and obviously Rosenior is not going to abandon his 4-2-3-1. In which case I would go with:

Wildsmith

Oduroh     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Knight     Bird

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: Loach Roberts Stearman Hourihane Collins Dobbin Osula

If Chester's really ready, then maybe he gets a start, Cashin drops to the bench and Stearman drops out. Or maybe Chester comes onto the bench for Stearman and prepares for 20 minutes at the end if the match allows for it. And, in practice, hopefully this would be more of a 4-1-4-1 formation with Knight's energy seeing him up in support of the forwards a lot.

On 14/09/2022 at 21:35, MK-Ram said:

Sorry for going slightly off topic...this is the first game I've been to at PPS for at least 4 years now...where are car parks A and B??

If you coming from A52, turn left at the Roundabout where Frankie and Benny's is and drive along the side of the ground. Don't drive onto to gym car park like I did the first time I parked there.

Don't rush back to your car after as it takes a while for them to open it up so you can drive away. Maybe 45 mins after fulltime. Whilst this seems a bit rubbish, most of the traffic has already gone and it's a clear run, at least back to south on the M1 where I go.