Derby v Wycombe possible postponement

Rambalin

10 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Makes sense. Not so much for Derby, but any games in London are going to be a nightmare due to Policing requirements (all world leaders flying in for an event that will not have had a set date attached.  

Police from all over UK are going to be required in the Capital for it and that will diminish local Police, and make London games impossible.  Normally when there are big events (Jubilees, Summits etc), they are known years in advance when they are held and games are arranged accordingly to be most conducive.  This will not be the case this time, and could cause real unnecessary pressures.  Let's wait until after Her Majesty's funeral for football.

I can't believe that the club are even contemplating going ahead with this fixture. We have a moral obligation to show our deep felt and serious respects for both the late Queen and the King. We should also not be adding to the burden of our police forces during this momentous time. Come on Mr Clowes, make the right call and postpone.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my wife having a family event in Birmingham next Saturday and me facing the choice of missing the game or having a week or so in the doghouse. 

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I can't believe that the club are even contemplating going ahead with this fixture. We have a moral obligation to show our deep felt and serious respects for both the late Queen and the King. We should also not be adding to the burden of our police forces during this momentous time. Come on Mr Clowes, make the right call and postpone.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my wife having a family event in Birmingham next Saturday and me facing the choice of missing the game or having a week or so in the doghouse. 

I agree with you and it also has absolutely nothing to do with me having to be in Bournemouth next weekend for a yearly family gathering and having no choice in missing the match at all.

Please can this be true .. I have a wedding to go to and was really looking forward to the spicy atmosphere (the match, not the wedding ) and sad that I’d miss it. 

oh and I love mid week evening games at PP for some weird reason, something to do with floodlights, Beer, the Waterfall burgers and a daft little radio 

19 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Makes sense. Not so much for Derby, but any games in London are going to be a nightmare due to Policing requirements (all world leaders flying in for an event that will not have had a set date attached.  

Police from all over UK are going to be required in the Capital for it and that will diminish local Police, and make London games impossible.  Normally when there are big events (Jubilees, Summits etc), they are known years in advance when they are held and games are arranged accordingly to be most conducive.  This will not be the case this time, and could cause real unnecessary pressures.  Let's wait until after Her Majesty's funeral for football.

Fair enough. Mind you, makes the decision to postpone this weekend’s games look very odd 

b******* and this is the one I hoped would be called off as can’t make it due to a kids birthday party which my wife has very kindly left with me while she sods off to Ireland this weekend with the girls ?

Would seem ridiculous to call it off though in all seriousness especially with the Funeral now on Monday, although there could be riots given the intense rivalry with Wycombe brought about by their owner’s actions, like a powder keg waiting to go off….not. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84