Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Cocu v.2

Boring pretty football, with a squad that’s weaker then previous years but still fairly decent. Get a couple of good chances a match and find a way not to score. 

Like Cocu LR is a nice bloke as well so he’ll be given 10 matches longer than he should with a lot of our fans. 

Not sure there’s much out their to replace him but we won’t achieve anything with LR in charge.

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Just looked and we didn’t win any of the last 9 away the seasons before either. So 3 wins in 36 over almost two years.

THIS.

3 wins in 36 away games.

And at no point in any of them as he said, maybe we should approach these in a different way.

No, we'll just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

THIS.

3 wins in 36 away games.

And at no point in any of them as he said, maybe we should approach these in a different way.

No, we'll just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 

You’d hope just parking the bus and countering you’d get more points than this wouldn’t you. It’s not working whatever we’re doing.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is one scary statistic. 

What's scary is there now seems to be a pattern but not just in the results but the way the midfield is so poor, the forward line cannot find the net and the defence cannot defend.  

It's really a time for a change in management, we look like a league 1 mid table team and that's actually shocking looking at the players we have.

To lose tonight against a poor league one side ( no disrespect intended), but it's Lincoln who are so poor at home until they meet us.

For the sake of Derby County he has to go now . 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

THIS.

3 wins in 36 away games.

Absolutely appalling that. I feel for the fans who go away every week. 

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You raise some interesting points @Tombo at length and I'm going to respond at length; but not now. The result is too raw; But I will address every point, tomorrow. For now, though I can't let the folowing go, so suffice to say:

"...easy to point to these nebulous things like "tactics" and "shape" and then never have to follow up with what you're going on about or if you even know what you're talking about. Well, I played competitive football for 32 years;  I represented my District FA at 17 years old, and played the likes of Aston Villa, Wolves, Walsall to name but 3. After I finished playing, I then coached for 12 years, and my teams won promotions and a League twice. Some of my teams' players were scouted by Leicester City, Florist, Burton Albion so my coaching seemed to help players become better.  So, I should know something about tactics, shape and "nebulous" things like that. Does that sound like I'm boasting?...It may read that way but you are the one who questioned my football "understanding" thereby forcing me to put it out there.

Just one other thing for now: You wrote: 

"You don't get a two goal cushion to throw away if your tactics and shape are wrong. You don't get to get that far. Think about it  " .

I find that a very odd thing that you say, and I'll explain why fully when I respond tomorrow, not least because most/a lot of people at the game at half-time recognized that our 2 goal, HT lead flattered us immensely and could see that despite being 2-0 down, Plymouth had control of the game for much of the half.  Was I shocked that we lost 3-2?; absolutely not. I said to my friends at HT that without a change in midfield we could easily let the game slip away. And so it happened. 

So, I'll leave it there for now and pick it up again tomorrow.  

It wasn't about questioning your understanding of the game, so no disrespect to you meant on that front, whatever level you played at or even if you hadn't.

The charge is more levelled at what I saw as a lazy criticism that I see often which lends no credibility to the points one makes, even if they are well founded. I'm a stickler for proper analysis, not just scratching the surface. Anybody can look at a losing result and say "the tactics are wrong" - well duh! Explain further then! Therefore I welcome anything you'd like to add.

Totally agree on the Plymouth game, but we somehow got to that stage, so we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater and disregard how that happened. And also up until then having won all 3 home games.

Apologies for the length again, I do tend to go on a bit when it comes to DCFC

I miss the wrist slashers v happy clappers, great to be back to normal after our seasons of torment.Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Its inevitable I suppose, some of us have expectations of being in an immediate promotion position while others believe we will need to build, gel and stabilise for more than 8 games before pushing on.

As long as we continue to get behind the team at the ground thats all that matters. Its the only way we can affect the situation.

COYR, 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok my first moan since we survived as a club and yes that’s what being a football fan is , we are stable and we have decent players for this level so here goes , back to being a derby fan,

from the first few games we are going backwards rather than improving ,

nothing wrong with playing out from the back if that’s what you do ,, WE DONT , we play around at the back trying to look composed then smash a diagonal out of play or a long ball to an opposition defender ,

do we create ?  Yes ,we create panic at the back for ourselves 

for me rosenior is not the man for the job , I don’t pretend to know who’s available who is but it’s not rosenior 

tonight was a shambles on the pitch , total unorganised shambles , yes the majority of players played very poorly but that happens when there’s no structure , poor passing , poor running off the ball , passing to players in dangerous situations,

we have decent players for this level going backwards looking worse game on game,

sure rosenior is a nice man but I would rather have someone who knows the job and is good at it ,

by all means throw this post back in my face if he turns it round and we have a good season but sadly I don’t see it under him

Have to agree and really if we look back to the start of Rooney and roseniors reign,we are suffering from many of the same issues as then...the common denominator sadly being Liam.

I feared when he became interim coach that little other than the playing personnel would change and it appears to be the case.

Liam would no doubt trounce anyone on football manager (pc,ps or Xbox!) but he's struggling in real life at this stage in his career.

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

THIS.

3 wins in 36 away games.

One of those was at Wycombe which I think might go down as the worst standard of a professional football match I have ever seen. Even then we completely robbed that win. I suppose you could argue in that game we at least did something different...

For me this is the most disappointing result and performance of the season. Every other win/draw/defeat had something redeeming about it and I think we've been unlucky not to have more to show for it.

Not sure Liam knows the best balance for his side, it's clear the midfield lacks energy and bite with Bird and Hourihane, so he's going to have to disappoint one of them, at least in the short term whilst we get some urgency back in there.

Definitely not the time to panic but we have to see a response to two defeats and we simply have to get a win on the road to get the monkey off our back.

I'm still optimistic but it's a tough old league as many a big club has proven over the years.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Are there any right backs out there still available on a free? Because surely it's worth a punt?

It's never been because Knight can't play there. It's because what we miss from Knight in midfield is so evident to everyone expect Rosenior 

I would think playing Oduroh with whatever limitations he has would be outweighed by the benefits of Knight in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

One of those was at Wycombe which I think might go down as the worst standard of a professional football match I have ever seen. Even then we completely robbed that win. I suppose you could argue in that game we at least did something different...

That was the one were the team who weren't in our league when we broke a 'retrospective' rule made up after the event, got themselves relegated by allowing Wisdom to score  his only goal in 6 years in injury time .  Then they asked for a pay out.  Need to beat those c*** wombles.