Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

9 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

Probably worth more to us getting a good season out of him in L1 and him leaving on a free than selling him this summer for £250k

assuming his wages aren’t crippling us

I would think that we could get 2 or 3 very good players for this level, in exchange for his wages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2023 at 16:54, littleover ram said:

Probably worth more to us getting a good season out of him in L1 and him leaving on a free than selling him this summer for £250k

assuming his wages aren’t crippling us

I think we could sign 3 good level free agents for the wages he is on tbh

To me, it's simple. PW has said he only wants players who want to be here. KB wants to stay in the Poland squad and can't if he comes back to us. He wants to be somewhere high enough up the pyramid so he stays in the Polish squad. He's leaving. We might get a small transfer/loan fee or we might just have to cancel his contract and get his £20K a week wages off the books.

Making him come back would be of use to noone.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

To me, it's simple. PW has said he only wants players who want to be here. KB wants to stay in the Poland squad and can't if he comes back to us. He wants to be somewhere high enough up the pyramid so he stays in the Polish squad. He's leaving. We might get a small transfer/loan fee or we might just have to cancel his contract and get his £20K a week wages off the books.

We do still owe Arsenal 1.5 million though.  Loan fee this time round please and someone to pay his wages. 

On 30/05/2023 at 16:49, MadAmster said:

I agree with most of that. 

The only question I have is, does dcfc get anything from the sale. I assume all money raised from the sale goes directly to Arsenal and that even then his sale will not be enough to completely pay of, the arsenal that the club owes.

we get a sum of money from him and in a year he'd probably go for free. 

I think the club still owns arsenal 8 million for bielik, so it's unlikely the club would get enough to cover the arsenal repayment. So would the sale at least raise, say a third if the money owed?The only thing I want to know is if the transaction results in anything for the 

DCFC. I suppose that all proceeds from the sale go directly to Arsenal and that even so, the proceeds from his sale will not be sufficient to cover the whole amount owed by the club to Arsenal. He pays us a certain amount, and in a year he'd probably be free to leave. It's unlikely that the club would receive enough money to pay off the 8 million that it still owes to the Arsenal for Bielik. Therefore, would the sale at least increase the debt by, say, a third?

Edited by Oldben
Amended

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

The only question I have is, does dcfc get anything from the sale. I assume all money raised from the sale goes directly to Arsenal and that even then his sale will not be enough to completely pay of, the arsenal that the club owes.

It's all guesswork ben. We don't know how much owe still owe on him. In the past 6 months I've see folk posting figures between £1.5M and £6M. Let him go now and get either a transfer fee or a loan fee, which, if I understand how this works, will go to Arsenal to either reduce or pay off what we owe them. It will also free up his £20K a week wages which should be enough to pay 2 or 3 decent players' wages.

Sell/loan now. Pay off / reduce the Arsenal debt and free up his wages. Makes perfect sense... not the Derby way though is it? 😉

I’m surprised we still owe anything, or at least need to find money to pay it off.

I would have thought as part of the takeover, all monies owed would have to been accounted for before the deal could have  gone through as it was a football debt.

I may be wrong though

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’m surprised we still owe anything, or at least need to find money to pay it off.

I would have thought as part of the takeover, all monies owed would have to been accounted for before the deal could have  gone through as it was a football debt.

I may be wrong though

All monies owed up until the point the takeover went through were cleared, anything we still owe is just taken on by Clowes and committed to as per the original agreement, whatever that was.

That's my understanding anyway.

Why do people continually conflate selling Bielik with paying Arsenal whatever we owe them ?!

The money we owe to Arsenal is owed regardless of whether Bielik is sold or not. ANYTHING we receive for Bielik helps to offset a tiny proportion of what he has cost in totality (fees + wages)

I doubt we'll actually get anything for him anyway, other than shifting his final year's wages to someone else if we're lucky.

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

I think the club still owns arsenal 8 million for bielik, so it's unlikely the club would get enough to cover the arsenal repayment. So would the sale at least raise, say a third if the money owed?The only thing I want to know is if the transaction results in anything for the 

DCFC. I suppose that all proceeds from the sale go directly to Arsenal and that even so, the proceeds from his sale will not be sufficient to cover the whole amount owed by the club to Arsenal. He pays us a certain amount, and in a year he'd probably be free to leave. It's unlikely that the club would receive enough money to pay off the 8 million that it still owes to the Arsenal for Bielik. Therefore, would the sale at least increase the debt by, say, a third?

I very much doubt that over a four year contract and presumably equal payments being made over the same period, that we paid £32M for his services.

If we paid as reported £8M, I would guess that we owe £2M at the most.

My understanding is that the deal we made when we bought him was in the region of £8-£10m based on an agreed set fee (lower end) plus extras for any achievements written into the deal (usually promotion, appearance targets etc.).

I doubt we've hit any of the performance targets to trigger the added value and from what the club has said during the admin process, we have been paying off the main fee in regular instalments. One of the payments was deferred by Arsenal when we went into admin. However, since we are now out of admin and Arsenal would be considered a football creditor, we still need to complete agreed payments.

If we are to believe that the fee agreed was £8m and we are now entering the last of his 5 contracted years we can assume that we've been paying £1.6m per year (or £800k every 6 months, or £400k per quarter - depending on how the agreement was arranged). therefore we likely only owe the last £1.6m of the reported fee and that is a fee I think we can expect to get for him. It would be nice to get somewhere between £2-3m, but we need to be realistic.

i wouldn't want him back, even if he was keen on returning, the club needs to be run responsibly, his wages are way too high.  Hope some club buys him, but can understand if clubs are hesitant with his injury record.  If he has changed his playing style from the gung ho way he played, he will get less injuries likely, but then again not be the player he was before.  A loan to see out his contract seems a likely end to this saga.

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Why do people continually conflate selling Bielik with paying Arsenal whatever we owe them ?!

The money we owe to Arsenal is owed regardless of whether Bielik is sold or not. ANYTHING we receive for Bielik helps to offset a tiny proportion of what he has cost in totality (fees + wages)

I doubt we'll actually get anything for him anyway, other than shifting his final year's wages to someone else if we're lucky.

I was in the Library this morning mooching for a good read, Over in the other Isle I over heard 2 blokes talking about Bielik, One fella said to the other...he's off to pastures new, He's sucked the life out of his old home and ready for a new feast.

I went to ask what was he talking about...but they'd gone, Then realised they were in the Apiarist section and talking about Bee licks 

I'll get me coat Happy Stefanos Tsitsipas GIF by Tennis TV