Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

40 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Depends on how much you value us having stayed in The Championship in 2020/21 rather than being relegated and facing admin and points deductions whilst already a League One club, I guess.

At the same time we paid £10 mill for Beilik , we could have bought Ollie Watkins and Benrama combined for less. They might have kept us in the Championship. 

24 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

At the same time we paid £10 mill for Beilik , we could have bought Ollie Watkins and Benrama combined for less. They might have kept us in the Championship. 

They would have probably both done their cruciates and not helped at all.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

An expensive, unnecessary gamble at this level.  Oh and he didn't want to be here.

We bent over backwards to let him have what he wanted and play at a higher level. There was only take and no give. Do you really believe Brum were paying much of his wages? I'd expect it to have been no more than half. The gamble turned out to be very necessary given we didn't make the playoffs without him.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We bent over backwards to let him have what he wanted and play at a higher level. There was only take and no give. Do you really believe Brum were paying much of his wages? I'd expect it to have been no more than half. The gamble turned out to be very necessary given we didn't make the playoffs without him.

He didn't want to play for us at this level. Which bit of that don't you get? Edit: the gamble was you suggesting he play for us.

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

"Bielik's wages were factored into this season's budget so at least Derby are free of that commitment and it frees up a big chunk of cash. Like I said, good move all round. And Warne has continually said he didn't want to keep any sausages"

The last of Mel's sausages leaves the building! At long last.

Am i missing the point???

If we get £1m transfer fee, plus £1m wages ( £20k per week), thats £2m.

How much do we still owe Arsenal??

Surely we should have, at the very least, instigated a bidding war to cover what we owe!!!

Very poor negotiating in my book....

Hope its not still Stephen Pearce at the centre of it all!!??

17 minutes ago, valakari said:

Surely we should have, at the very least, instigated a bidding war to cover what we owe!!!

Hope it’s not still Stephen Pearce at the centre of it all!!??

Yes.

His wages as an ongoing commitment for the club were factored into the budget and would represent a massive expense. That money can now be repurposed on new signings (plural) or saved to further strengthen financial performance. 

The fans don’t know what we still owe Arsenal, the people in charge at the club do and have sanctioned the transfer with the club’s finances and interests in mind. The outstanding amount owed to Arsenal will also have been budgeted for, so any fee we receive is additional to what’s been costed. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

6 minutes ago, valakari said:

Hope its not still Stephen Pearce at the centre of it all!!??

Are you suggesting teams will be surprised that Bielik was available? Short of going door-to-door, I think every team from Warsaw to Llandudno knew he was available and we were willing sellers - it’s just the list of teams interested were obviously very short.