Matchday Thread - Derby County vs Plymouth Argyle (03/09 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Unfortunately Liam's subs and tactics in the second half have probably lost us the game. Game has been to open, and the midfield battle has been won by them. Plymouth have deserved this, well done to them, they play some great football, easily the best side to play at PP so far. Oh well, you live and learn I suppose. Still criminal to throw a 2 goal lead.

Inclined to agree.

v poor subs 

by raking barks and didsy off and swapping them for thompson and sibley u removed all our pace to stop them pushing high onto us without fear of a ball over the top.

what happens they push on us, we have no out ball and couldnt get out 

think todays a learning curb for LR

I thought we were effective in the first half but that was a poor 2nd half from us and you can’t say Plymouth didn’t deserve that. The energy in midfield was very low and whilst Bird had some really nice forward passes he is struggling to stamp his authority on games. I thought him and Hourahaine were overshadowed by the Plymouth midfield.

Plymouth deserved that so we can't complain, they were by far the better side. Have to put this one behind us now. 

Midfield didn't work today, lost all control of the game. And Thompson coming into it didn't help it either, for me he is limited, a trier but weak due to size, dropping down a league hasn't shown him to be better.