William Osula

Sean

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Looks like a centre forward who hits his shots straight at the keeper.

Hmmm. 

How many of his shots? Seemed to hit a few to either side in the linked video (including one which cleared the post as well). Or perhaps you have gone deeper in the search for intel than I have(n't, admittedly!)

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

You should get down to Moor Farm and let LR know.

I’m sure he’d be grateful for the extra knowledge!

It's his/her opinion, surely (?)

Should it have been prefaced with "This is only my opinion, but..."?

The thread is about a player who has been described as "raw" (he may or may not be... though from the video - and this is only my opinion - he does look somewhat "raw" - my interpretation of the word). The commenter is a fan who perhaps thinks an experienced option would be preferable. Otherwise we all fall back on the overwhelming likelihood that Liam Rosenior (ex-footballer and current manager) probably does know more than us and there's therefore no point leaving any sort of comment on pretty much anything... right?

7 minutes ago, jameso said:

It's his/her opinion, surely (?)

Should it have been prefaced with "This is only my opinion, but..."?

The thread is about a player who has been described as "raw" (he may or may not be... though from the video - and this is only my opinion - he does look somewhat "raw" - my interpretation of the word). The commenter is a fan who perhaps thinks an experienced option would be preferable. Otherwise we all fall back on the overwhelming likelihood that Liam Rosenior (ex-footballer and current manager) probably does know more than us and there's therefore no point leaving any sort of comment on pretty much anything... right?

Yes…….and?

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yes…….and?

(Which bit are you "Yes...and?"-ing to?)

Ah - the bit in bold (I'm new to this)

...and it's their opinion, just as your opinion could be that raw is exactly what we need, so by the same logic I (or anyone) could respond to you that you should go down to Moor Farm and let Rosenior know.

Either we all say nothing or LR is going to be inundated by folks heading down to Moor Farm to let him know what they think. Or we just keep our opinions here, where they constitute the forum, which is sort of the point.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

They are entitled to their opinion. Just as others are free to have opinions on their opinion!

Its a forum afterall.

OK, fine: your opinion is that his opinion is wrong, not that he shouldn't have written it.

I can't disagree with that.