Matchday Thread - Charlton Athletic v Derby County (06/08 15:00)

Sean

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The parallels between this season and last in terms of failing to take out chances despite a almost complete transformation in personel is striking.

The common denominator being liams involvement as a senior coach.....hopefully this is a trend that is not going to continue but if it does,it may indicate that some help with the attacking coaching of the squad to unlock the potential of our strikers.

Early days,don't get me wrong but it just feels a little too familiar.

I think this has been a complete step change in performance to the away games I saw last season.

Rosenior’s job is to set the team up in a way that gives them the best chance of picking up points which I think he has done today because we’ve been excellent.  I don’t think he can legislate much for Knight’s header or a ball bouncing the wrong way off a post.

I don’t particularly like the phrase but “the process” looks very good so far

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The parallels between this season and last in terms of failing to take out chances despite a almost complete transformation in personel is striking.

The common denominator being liams involvement as a senior coach.....hopefully this is a trend that is not going to continue but if it does,it may indicate that some help with the attacking coaching of the squad to unlock the potential of our strikers.

Early days,don't get me wrong but it just feels a little too familiar.

I blame the Tory government 

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think this has been a complete step change in performance to the away games I saw last season.

Rosenior’s job is to set the team up in a way that gives them the best chance of picking up points which I think he has done today because we’ve been excellent.  I don’t think he can legislate much for Knight’s header or a ball bouncing the wrong way off a post.

I don’t particularly like the phrase but “the process” looks very good so far

Agreed,some major improvements in our play have taken place,I enjoyed the first half but we seems to have a mental block on getting the ball over the line which may just need minor tweeks from a wise head to sort out....