Matchday Thread - Charlton Athletic v Derby County (06/08 15:00)

Sean

The parallels between this season and last in terms of failing to take out chances despite a almost complete transformation in personel is striking.

The common denominator being liams involvement as a senior coach.....hopefully this is a trend that is not going to continue but if it does,it may indicate that some help with the attacking coaching of the squad to unlock the potential of our strikers.

Early days,don't get me wrong but it just feels a little too familiar.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The parallels between this season and last in terms of failing to take out chances despite a almost complete transformation in personel is striking.

The common denominator being liams involvement as a senior coach.....hopefully this is a trend that is not going to continue but if it does,it may indicate that some help with the attacking coaching of the squad to unlock the potential of our strikers.

Hmm though we did have England's all-time leading scorer knocking around the place? Not sure it's a coaching thing, think it's the personnel. We've not had a properly clinical striker for a while, and didn't get much from midfield last year either 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not that deep. We've missed a few sitters and then conceded. That's football!

Edited by Rammy03