Matchday Thread - Charlton Athletic v Derby County (06/08 15:00)

Sean

Local one for me so looking forward to it. Looks certain for a sell out, really hope we can get a win as sets us up for some good continued away support numbers then. With 3k coming down, need to retain as many as possible for future away fixtures. Positive feedback loop if we can keep the momentum going. I think the fans have another massive part of play this year if we're going to do anything.

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

Local one for me so looking forward to it. Looks certain for a sell out, really hope we can get a win as sets us up for some good continued away support numbers then. With 3k coming down, need to retain as many as possible for future away fixtures. Positive feedback loop if we can keep the momentum going. I think the fans have another massive part of play this year if we're going to do anything.

We won’t get this many tickets again till MK dons in November.

There are 3 half decent pubs (Southwark Tavern, Wheatsheaf and Market Porter) close together on Stoney Street at Borough Market.
Was a fair few Derby fans in them before the Millwall game last season.
Borough Market is great for a breakfast if eating is your thing ?

Then on the train from London Bridge station direct to Charlton - simples.

11 minutes ago, S75 Ram said:

There are 3 half decent pubs (Southwark Tavern, Wheatsheaf and Market Porter) close together on Stoney Street at Borough Market.

The old Thames side also just off Borough market is a great view over the river. Love Borough market, I stopped off there for the Millwall game. I’m on the supporter’s bus this time so not so easy.

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

Aye, moreso thinking of the midweek games where can still potentially sell out even if allocations much reduced.

Shrewsbury and Lincoln the only midweek games we have before Christmas. Both will sell out.

Ipswich (Saturday 22nd October) may be a bit slower to sell out due to how crap it is to get to. Depends how well we're doing I suppose.

Bolton (Boxing Day), Forest Green (Good Friday) and Exeter 18th April the only other non-Saturday games we currnetly have.

28 minutes ago, S75 Ram said:

The Barrow Boy and Banker is ok too isn’t it? Haven’t been there though for about 3 years.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Shrewsbury and Lincoln the only midweek games we have before Christmas. Both will sell out.

Ipswich (Saturday 22nd October) may be a bit slower to sell out due to how crap it is to get to. Depends how well we're doing I suppose.

Bolton (Boxing Day), Forest Green (Good Friday) and Exeter 18th April the only other non-Saturday games we currnetly have.

All those non-Saturdays are available on ramstv in the uk too. 

1 hour ago, S75 Ram said:

I normally go there. The Market Porter you can drink outside and Wheatsheaf

The last time we were among the favorites for promotion we opened the season off with a 1-0 home win (vs Rotherham United) and followed it up with a 3-2 defeat at Charlton Athletic. That was 2014/15.

Our record in London has been pretty rubbish for a while. And our last visit there was an awful 3-0 defeat.

I know we are going to be strong at Pride Park. Our promotion aspirations will ultimately come down to our away form.

Will also add our last away win against a team south of Derby was Wycombe in Feb 2021.

Edited by Bris Vegas