Morgan Whittaker

Rammy03

51 minutes ago, Magicman said:

May be get a small payment on sell on - we sold him for £ 750k ! 

I came here to ask this. I wonder if we did given everyone had us over a barrel during admin 

27 minutes ago, Jram said:

I came here to ask this. I wonder if we did given everyone had us over a barrel during admin 

I doubt it. We were scrabbling for scraps. But maybe there were add ons. We will never know. Thought he looked ok but didn’t light any fires for me. Clever, drifty sort of runner with the ball. Capable of the odd champagne moment, but not like say Ebiowe who had the touch, skill, swagger and joi de vivre of a quality player. 

His stock fell quite quickly again. Turned down £1.5m from Rangers according to reports as they were holding out for £2m. 6 months later he's back to Plymouth for half that and a few clauses.

We will get something from it. We definitely get a development fee of a few thousand for bringing him through our academy.

I imagine the total fee we could receive was based on appearances and goals so we won't have made much over the initial amount, but for a player of his age we must have chucked maybe a 10% profit clause in, so maybe another £50k or so from that.

Can see Plymouth doubling their money on him at some point.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

His stock fell quite quickly again. Turned down £1.5m from Rangers according to reports as they were holding out for £2m. 6 months later he's back to Plymouth for half that and a few clauses.

We will get something from it. We definitely get a development fee of a few thousand for bringing him through our academy.

I imagine the total fee we could receive was based on appearances and goals so we won't have made much over the initial amount, but for a player of his age we must have chucked maybe a 10% profit clause in, so maybe another £50k or so from that.

Can see Plymouth doubling their money on him at some point.

Why would we get a development fee when we actually sold him and sold him for a reported £700,000 which is a large fee? 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Why would we get a development fee when we actually sold him and sold him for a reported £700,000 which is a large fee? 

I presume it's something that is in the rules. Alzira, my local club over here, received a few thousand when we signed Albentosa, and he had passed through two or three clubs in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Morgan Whittaker with a goal and an assist yesterday. 

I hope we remember that when our next young player breaks through to our first team, and give them some support.

It needed to start with the manager in Morgans case, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

It needed to start with the manager in Morgans case, unfortunately. 

True. But the fans were giving him abuse before that. 

He was talking after the game about how much the Plymouth fans appreciate him down there, and how good it is to know that.

One idiot near me yesterday raised an ironic cheer and clap when Wildsmith caught a high ball just after Wigan's second goal yesterday. Some of our fans are so self-entitled and don't know the meaning of support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember when people were slagging him off for having an attitude problem and showing a lack of professionalism when he said he wanted to leave Swansea?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67026686.amp

"Morgan Whittaker: Swansea City boss praises ex-striker's attitude in Plymouth Argyle switch"

Edited by Kokosnuss

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

All depends how they are coached and who's guiding them. 

Yes that.

Plus some luck with injuries, and getting chances at the right time, and having the right mentality to cope with the pressures, and having the football intelligence to cope with tactical element of the pro leagues.

So many factors that can't be forecast.