Morgan Whittaker

Rammy03

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we’d be due some kind of “solidarity payment” due to our role in his development. It may only be something like 1%, but that could earn us £100,000 - £150,000 which may help in bringing an extra face in.

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/training-compensation-and-solidarity-mechanism#:~:text=“If a professional is transferred,former club (solidarity contribution).

“If a professional is transferred before the expiry of his contract, any club that has contributed to his education and training shall receive a proportion of the compensation paid to his former club (solidarity contribution).“

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I believe we’d be due some kind of “solidarity payment” due to our role in his development. It may only be something like 1%, but that could earn us £100,000 - £150,000 which may help in bringing an extra face in.

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/training-compensation-and-solidarity-mechanism#:~:text=“If a professional is transferred,former club (solidarity contribution).

“If a professional is transferred before the expiry of his contract, any club that has contributed to his education and training shall receive a proportion of the compensation paid to his former club (solidarity contribution).“

Wouldn't his former club be classed as Swansea now though?

Just now, David said:

Wouldn't his former club be classed as Swansea now though?

The way I read it is that we would still be entitled to some payment as we contributed to his education. I don’t know what the cut off or definition is in terms of that, but as Whittaker came right through our academy we should get a small amount, but given the quoted fees, it’s a sum that could still be useful for us.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The way I read it is that we would still be entitled to some payment as we contributed to his education. I don’t know what the cut off or definition is in terms of that, but as Whittaker came right through our academy we should get a small amount, but given the quoted fees, it’s a sum that could still be useful for us.

You are correct. I believe we will be due 3% - we receive £300k if he's sold for £10m

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You are correct. I believe we will be due 3% - we receive £300k if he's sold for £10m

Thanks, I knew it would be minimal but that’s more than I thought.

I don’t suppose you know the cut off in terms of definition? With players like Whittaker it’s pretty cut and dry, as would be future sales for players like Gordon and Delap.

Players like Ebosele, Plange & Ebiowei were signed to our academy but weren’t exactly ‘developed’ by us, do you know if the solidarity payments by definition cover players like that?

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Thanks, I knew it would be minimal but that’s more than I thought.

I don’t suppose you know the cut off in terms of definition? With players like Whittaker it’s pretty cut and dry, as would be future sales for players like Gordon and Delap.

Players like Ebosele, Plange & Ebiowei were signed to our academy but weren’t exactly ‘developed’ by us, do you know if the solidarity payments by definition cover players like that?

It's based on how long they were at our club and at what ages.

Ebiowei was only here for 1 season, so that would be 0.5%.
Plange, only 6 months on a permenenat then laon for the next 6 motnhs - I think he'd still be 0.5%.
Festy joined us at 16, so we would get 2% and Bray Wanderers another 2%
Gordon and Delap left at the end of their U16 seasons, so we would only get 2% for each of them, unless we still have sell-on clasues for them (didn't Quantuma cash in on them?)

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's based on how long they were at our club and at what ages.

Ebiowei was only here for 1 season, so that would be 0.5%.
Plange, only 6 months on a permenenat then laon for the next 6 motnhs - I think he'd still be 0.5%.
Festy joined us at 16, so we would get 2% and Bray Wanderers another 2%
Gordon and Delap left at the end of their U16 seasons, so we would only get 2% for each of them, unless we still have sell-on clasues for them (didn't Quantuma cash in on them?)

I don’t think even Quantuma could explain what they did throughout the admin process. I think there was mention of a 40% sell on for Delap (unless I’ve just made that up) which was cashed in on, so even though it’s only 2%, it’s nice that solidarity payments exist to give clubs something extra, however small that is.

I think a lot of folk couldn't really see his technical ability, but in fairness to them, he was still quite willowy and he looks to have strengthened up and his confidence seems to grow weekly. He's not being brushed off the ball anymore.

Honestly, you'd kill to have him at the club right now, but las with a few others, it's just a real shame we could not hold onto him. As it is, he's proved himself to be a another very talented young player and I can but wish him all the best, though I'm NGL, it still stings a bit 😔

18 minutes ago, sage said:

I've been today today that Burnley had a bid of £10m turned down for him and were quoted £21m !!

Swansea have a sell on I believe.  If they get their sell  on, I'd assume we'd get a percentage of that as part of our sell on with them.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Swansea have a sell on I believe.  If they get their sell  on, I'd assume we'd get a percentage of that as part of our sell on with them.

Someone said 3%

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2024 at 22:17, sage said:

I've been today today that Burnley had a bid of £10m turned down for him and were quoted £21m !!

Always thought many in that PL2 team would be worth millions in the future.

We really did have some cream in our academy that year.

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Always thought many in that PL2 team would be worth millions in the future.

We really did have some cream in our academy that year.

After 3 or 4 games we thought it would be Sibley who would be worth this much.

Its a funny old game 

• 2 weeks later...