Matchday Thread v Hertha Berlin (H) 16th July 16:00

ollycutts1982

Another good performance Hourihane will be a different gravy in league 1 didn't look out of place against a German top tier as didn't most of the lads. If we can keep Bird and Knight I'll be very optimistic.

If we're being super critical we need to iron out the misplaced passes at the back or we'll get punished more than we need to, other than that get the open top bus on order! 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Another good performance Hourihane will be a different gravy in league 1 didn't look out of place against a German top tier as didn't most of the lads. If we can keep Bird and Knight I'll be very optimistic.

If we're being super critical we need to iron out the misplaced passes at the back or we'll get punished more than we need to, other than that get the open top bus on order! 

Perhaps we could borrow the F@re$t bus , they've only needed it once in around 30 years ?

Don’t want to get too carried away. Hertha very almost went down to the Bundlesliga.2 which is (imo at least) some way off the Championship.

That said, they were certainly the better team on paper and we dominated in parts. We held on at the end when we threw the kids on. 

Promising stuff indeed - bring on Oxford.

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Watched the highlights of that. Obviously means nothing preseason against a prem team, but Ipswich looked dross at the back.

Ipswich had 2 teams playing today. They also won 3-0 at Wimbledon.

Which team lost at Palace?

10 minutes ago, Magicman said:

We played well throughout. Our front line looks threatening although little impact from  Sibley &  Stretton .  Roberts outstanding at LB and Bird was commanding. 

Except Stretton nearly scoring and doing really well holding the ball up, and Sibley looking lively and setting up Stretton. Yeah, okay.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except Stretton nearly scoring and doing really well holding the ball up, and Sibley looking lively and setting up Stretton. Yeah, okay.

C’mon @RoyMac5, as neither of them scored 5 minute hat tricks or smashed in a screamer from 45 yards in only their second pre-season outing, they are therefore clearly terrible…. ? 

I thought Stretton linked play well a couple of times, once was straight after he came on if I recall correctly. Be good to see more of him and Sibley in the next game.