Liam Rosenior

No team has an average of 20 shots and an average of 0 goals over a season. Not in the history of football. I'd challenge any team to find one.

It is impossible for this to continue. One of two things will happen; 1.) the chances will dry up completely or 2.) we start putting them away.

At present, short of putting on his boots and finding the net himself, I'm not sure what Liam Rosenior can do other than convince his players the goals will come. Some saying it's a psychological issue but personally I'm skeptical that Collins is missing the goal due to some unresolved childhood trauma. 

If the first scenario does happen, it's a coaching issue and then it would be time to look elsewhere. 

There's lots of reasons to be optimistic that number 2 will happen. Those saying "it's the same story as last season" is only true in the fact we're not scoring goals. Last season, we only really scored and looked competitive against footballing sides with a high-press, where we'd create very high quality chances and would see clinical finishing. This season, we're also able to create chances against sides with a low block, but we can't hit a barn door with a banjo. 

Let's not forget, we're out of administration, but we're still a club laden with debt. Keeping CKR or signing another striker is one obvious solution to what's happening. You cannot blame Rosenior for that.

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

...Keeping CKR or signing another striker is one obvious solution to what's happening. You cannot blame Rosenior for that.

Or play Dobbin through the middle - he could do what Jesus has just done for Arsenal!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What Jesus? Agreed he's not very big, but he's strong enough and if he was doing the stuff he does farther forward it'd be so much more dangerous.

I can't see the strength there just yet he's been hitting the deck alot on the wings without coming up against big centre backs, few months on whatever Bird has been eating I think you'll be on to something.

34 minutes ago, Duracell said:

No team has an average of 20 shots and an average of 0 goals over a season. Not in the history of football. I'd challenge any team to find one.

It is impossible for this to continue. One of two things will happen; 1.) the chances will dry up completely or 2.) we start putting them away.

At present, short of putting on his boots and finding the net himself, I'm not sure what Liam Rosenior can do other than convince his players the goals will come. Some saying it's a psychological issue but personally I'm skeptical that Collins is missing the goal due to some unresolved childhood trauma. 

If the first scenario does happen, it's a coaching issue and then it would be time to look elsewhere. 

There's lots of reasons to be optimistic that number 2 will happen. Those saying "it's the same story as last season" is only true in the fact we're not scoring goals. Last season, we only really scored and looked competitive against footballing sides with a high-press, where we'd create very high quality chances and would see clinical finishing. This season, we're also able to create chances against sides with a low block, but we can't hit a barn door with a banjo. 

Let's not forget, we're out of administration, but we're still a club laden with debt. Keeping CKR or signing another striker is one obvious solution to what's happening. You cannot blame Rosenior for that.

we havent scored goals for a long time now it isnt just the way LR is setting us up

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Am a big believer that if you get performances right, results will follow. We’re playing well, no need whatsoever to panic. 

Besides, Dobbin starting over Smith is a much more attacking move

Completely agree, we’re practically dominating games, so the tactics are sound. He’s even tweaking things to become more goal focused.

A little slice of luck, with an in off a deflection or scruffy goal wouldn’t go amiss and could’ve opened the floodgates if we’d got our noses in front.

Truly believe it’s a matter of time before we click, our overall play is too good, to keep drawing blanks. L.R is doing alright, I’d love him to start Sibley more myself because he always looks to play forward; get McGoldrick fit too and the threat will improve.

We’re all a little frustrated, but the goals and points will come.