Kwaku Oduroh - signed 2 year deal

Sean

Good comments from Rosenior;

"Why we were really interested in Kwaku is that he has been a captain of Manchester City's youth teams. He is very highly respected there in terms of his character.

"But also in the style of play that I want to implement here is quite similar, structurally, to the way Manchester City play. Kwaku with his understanding and his development brings a lot of experience in terms of what I am asking the players to do here.

"He fits in like a glove in terms of that right-back position. When we talk about developing players, that area is somewhere I want to strengthen with a more senior player, but the idea for Kwaku is to develop, learn and grow and become of huge value to the football club. I am delighted he has joined."

Taken from this DET article 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-liam-rosenior-transfer-7334902

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

"Why we were really interested in Kwaku is that he has been a captain of Manchester City's youth teams. He is very highly respected there in terms of his character.

"But also in the style of play that I want to implement here is quite similar, structurally, to the way Manchester City play. Kwaku with his understanding and his development brings a lot of experience in terms of what I am asking the players to do here.

"He fits in like a glove in terms of that right-back position. When we talk about developing players, that area is somewhere I want to strengthen with a more senior player, but the idea for Kwaku is to develop, learn and grow and become of huge value to the football club. I am delighted he has joined."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-liam-rosenior-transfer-7334902

That all but confirms the Byrne situation then.

Love this signing. Actually comes with a better resume than Plange or Ebiowei did, for example, and whilst it might take him a little bit of time to really show what he’s capable of it’s a signing that really encapsulates that we have a future. Hopefully it pans out and we’re extending the deal this time next year. 

Edited by Srg

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Cool. Do we need another RB?

Yes.

Out of all of this season's new signings, the RB we have signed is the one that leaves me feeling a bit flat. While the young lad may develop into a good player. Right now I'd like to see us securing the services of a RB with League One experience.

Also this signing reminds me of when I'm buying my fantasy football squad. I've spent most of my money and have to select a player from the cheaper end of the list

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Man city play with the full back tucking into midfield, very similar to what we saw with Byrne last season

Just listened to his interview, he seemed hungry to prove himself and play first team football. He was impressive against Bradford for me.

He said that he knows Ozzie at the club is that? unless I misheard him for Fozzy?

2 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Just listened to his interview, he seemed hungry to prove himself and play first team football. He was impressive against Bradford for me.

He said that he knows Ozzie at the club is that? unless I misheard him for Fozzy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osazee_Aghatise

Osazee Aghatise was at Man City academy for a few years 

Looks like he’s for the first team then. Not entirely sure about that, he’s only ever played kids football, are we sure he’s ready for League One? Mens football is a different game entirely.

Still, I’m presuming he’ll be the understudy to whoever we bring in to replace Byrne (when we finally get that mess sorted), so I guess he won’t be under too much pressure. Good to have competition for places at least, been a while since we’ve had that - welcome Kwaku!

Edited by Millenniumram

54 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

(Ozzie) Aghatise, Bardell and Ibrahim were all in the Man City academy. Aghatise and Bardell were in the same age group as Oduroh, Ibrahim the age below.