Haydon Roberts - signed for Bristol City

Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, JJH said:

Seems Roberts gets very mixed reviews from you lot.

As a LB in a back four or a CB in a back 3 I’d be happy with him. Wouldn’t be as a wing back.

He wants to play at centre half but we didn't see him enough there to properly judge. As a fullback/wingback he was industrious but lacked consistent end product. Doubt many disagree there's talent there, whether he fits well into our system and is therefore a good signing now is where the debate stems from. Remains to be seen as we mostly saw him in a back 4.

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Secret society then - isn’t that a very boring way of going about things ? You come here and have a decent chat and fair enough but over there alternative conversation isn’t tolerated? We know Mr P likes to talk to himself and eventually believes what he is saying to himself in some confused Stockholm syndrome pattern. 

I agree it’s a bit odd. If you join OTIB there is a busy transfer sub forum, but as a visitor it’s invisible and you’d wonder why Bristol City fans are ignoring transfer rumours.

It seems oddly paranoid to me. Rumours can’t be kept secret any more any more as they’re all over Twitter anyway. But we didn’t get to vote on it.

3 hours ago, JJH said:

As a LB in a back four or a CB in a back 3 I’d be happy with him. Wouldn’t be as a wing back.

Best at LCB, but we rarely played 3 at the back last season due to lack of options across the squad to make it work. Better at LWB than LB.

Would be 2nd choice to Cashin at LCB anyway and we should very trying to recruit a LWB with more end product so he'd be 2nd choice there too. Also spent a decent chunk of the season on the bench due to Sibley (an AM) performing better than him at LB.

4 hours ago, JJH said:

He’s a good footballer. He’s determined, mobile and positive and doesn’t panic in possession. Sure, he’s not the best in attack but you’ve got a good player.

Where do you live? I’m a Bristol boy, just support a team 135 miles from home 😊

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s a good footballer. He’s determined, mobile and positive and doesn’t panic in possession. Sure, he’s not the best in attack but you’ve got a good player.

Where do you live? I’m a Bristol boy, just support a team 135 miles from home 😊

Agree Lord Smog or is it Sir Smog 🤔 Very well deserved in any case 🤡🤥🤣

Official spiel here.

Red doesn't suit him, but he'll do well at Bristol.

One of our most consistent players last season, always a 7/10. 

Slightly guiles me that Derby barely gets a mention, when it's us that developed him to the point where clubs like Bristol want him. Ever the way with loans, of course.

When I chatted with him at the Supporters Club night he said there was interest from Championship clubs, so I always thought he would go. 

Thanks for being a good team player, Haydon. 

10 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree with this. Good luck to the lad. 

I don't mind Pearson tbh and it seems he's slowly getting things moving upwards at Brizzle.

Good luck to Roberts. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in the Championship.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Official spiel here.

Red doesn't suit him, but he'll do well at Bristol.

One of our most consistent players last season, always a 7/10. 

Slightly guiles me that Derby barely gets a mention, when it's us that developed him to the point where clubs like Bristol want him. Ever the way with loans, of course.

When I chatted with him at the Supporters Club night he said there was interest from Championship clubs, so I always thought he would go. 

Thanks for being a good team player, Haydon. 

Have they photoshopped him?

He had a chin longer than Jimmy Hill every time I saw him in a Derby shirt.

Maybe it’s the haircut!