New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

17 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Rosenior at the Coventry v Bristol City game tonight.

Watching/Talking to a potential signing maybe? Just trying to think who it could be?

17 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Haha unlikely ?

I just can't think of any other reason why he would be there.

I checked if Todd Kane was playing of not, but he's not in the squad.

Could still be there I suppose...

I always wonder how they know whether certain players they want to scout are going to play or not. Imagine driving/flying miles and miles to find out someone's rested or not selected

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

As good as waggy was for us, he’s not even half the player now. He’s slower and still can’t hit a barn door and somehow his first touch has gotten worse. Off the pitch he’s definitely got the right character but unfortunate his ability has all but gone. I’d take Tyler Walker in a heartbeat however. 

Tyler Walker has flashed previously, but still has plenty of development to get through. He struggled to hold down a place or make an impact on loan at Portsmouth last season, but obviously has done well at this (and Championship) level previously in spells. 

FWIW, and it’s not worth a lot, I saw Waghorn down my local supermarket the other day. 

I presumed he never moved house when he went to Coventry (he did used to live near me), but I hadn’t seen him in quite a long time. So maybe there is something in a possible return for him? I’m claiming ITK if he does, just saying.

Wouldn't mind waggy back for a season,he's just not clicked at Coventry but had a decent haul along with Chrissie in his last stint here....a bit of a confidence injection playing in league 1 might be all he needs to kick on.

He's no doubt good for the dressing room too.

Plus he'd be a snip on a loan,we can recoup a bit of that 5 million with playing time.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Not saying Waghorn in particular, but there's probably a spot in the squad for a sort of utility forward like him, than can do a decent job all across the front line, can hold the ball up a bit, works hard, does his defensive work and chips in with a few goals and assists.  Obviously in an ideal world we'd sign another James Collins-type that we could use as cover, or rotate with Collins, but realistically, I'm not sure we can afford to have 2 out and out centre forwards when we only play one of them, so a utility player may be the best option.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, and it’s not worth a lot, I saw Waghorn down my local supermarket the other day. 

I presumed he never moved house when he went to Coventry (he did used to live near me), but I hadn’t seen him in quite a long time. So maybe there is something in a possible return for him? I’m claiming ITK if he does, just saying.

Didn't his son sign for the academy just before he left for Coventry?

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn't buying a patio set so doesn't count