New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

Anybody like me and keep waiting each day for this to appear at the top of threads again? ?

We had nothing, then everything, then nothing again. I think they call it Feast or Famine.

Yeah, I'm getting hungry ...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Topram said:

Well 2 close no names.. wonder who! LR wouldn’t say if we wanted more than 2 so could be a couple more yet 

He said 2 names were close 5 weeks ago. He then said last week that he is confident that by the end of the window we will be where he wants us to be.

Now he has said 2 names are close, he is trying everything he can to get us where we need to be but there are no guarantees.

If its true we have enquired about Gregory and then Jutkiwicz, I'd say we are doing our age old tactic of ringing every tom dick and Harry in desperation to see who they have available. 

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He said 2 names were close 5 weeks ago. He then said last week that he is confident that by the end of the window we will be where he wants us to be.

Now he has said 2 names are close, he is trying everything he can to get us where we need to be but there are no guarantees.

If its true we have enquired about Gregory and then Jutkiwicz, I'd say we are doing our age old tactic of ringing every tom dick and Harry in desperation to see who they have available. 

I'd say we are waiting for our maim targets then working down a sensible back up list.

Think Oko Flex was a first choice but he's gone to Swansea so we move onto the next. 

None of our transfer business has appeared desperate so far this summer.

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I'd say we are waiting for our maim targets then working down a sensible back up list.

Think Oko Flex was a first choice but he's gone to Swansea so we move onto the next. 

Imagine it's tough with players like Oko-Flex because they're clearly waiting for Championship teams if they can get them. Probably why it's taking until the last minute.

18 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I quite agree, our transfer business has been top notch to be fair.

I just wonder how much of an influence this analyst was that Rooney nicked off us, is it just a coincidence that things have dried up significantly since he left?

I'll add, if we did get jutkiwix I would be very happy, I've always rated him, yet never once spelt his name right.. Jewkuvics 

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I thought we were waiting for young players at premier league clubs who should have a better idea of their chances of playing?

If you want decent Premiership loans they usually come with a guarantee of playing time. I'm not against that in the right circumstances but I also think that older players are more realistic about their chances of being first choice.

As with most things it's about balance I guess

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd be concerned if we didn't have a list of multiple targets and fully concentrated on just the one, then eventually didn't get him and had no time for others. I'd assume for every position we're recruiting for or for every player signed they have countless others ready and waiting. Gregory or Jutkiewicz would definitely strengthen us and score goals in this team. Both proven at the league above and plenty experienced to pass on their wisdom to the kids.

On 19/08/2022 at 19:06, sage said:

Ashby started for West Ham against Viborg and looked decent 

Preston are interested in signing Ashby.

Mallik Wilks, I doubt he will sign for us from Sheffield Wednesday.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

It’s interesting that we’ve gone from saving the club and only having 5 senior players………

To fretting that we haven’t yet bought extra players in on the last day of the window………..all in the space of a month or so.

Shows what a fabulous job our new owner and staff have done in such a short time.

Long may it continue!