New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks as if I'm in the minority, but I'd be very disappointed if Johnson re-signs. Never rated him. The worst technique of any player in the squad, which at times cost us dearly. And I suggest "Derby City" was unforgivable. Not for me. I don't understand this weird fixation with bringing players back - Shinnie would be madness too. Move on, please.

When did his technique cost us?  

With all the signings that have already been done, I don't want to be greedy but can we sign a centre forward that's big, strong and fast.

Haven't a clue who there is available that fits that bill but if the club can find him, I'd be well satisfied.

Just now, 1of4 said:

With all the signings that have already been done, I don't want to be greedy but can we sign a centre forward that's big, strong and fast.

Haven't a clue who there is available that fits that bill but if the club can find him, I'd be well satisfied.

CKR is big and strong.  And when he's in his car - he's fast.  Any good?

Buzzing!

Cashin and Thompson re-signing is amazing - absolutely the 2 deals we needed over the line first. Longer deals would have been nice but anything is brilliant, we can deal with that down the line.

Wildsmith, Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen are solid deals. Not paying over the odds, all have experience at similar level to this, but have also proved they can play higher. NML and Barkz as I will call them from now on are also pretty versatile and will help us throughout the season. 

Listening to Wildsmith's interview I am pleased he seems to have some sort of relationship with Jason Pearcey, seems less of a risk to be looking at him as instant first choice now knowing he was effectively monitored and recommended.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Better with a big one and a fast one.  Not convinced Richards will be here.  Strikers are generally the expensive end of the wages and I think we'll need that cash to put towards a couple who will play more regular.   

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Surely a big, strong and fast League One standard forward would be like, well, Connor Sammon

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks as if I'm in the minority, but I'd be very disappointed if Johnson re-signs. Never rated him. The worst technique of any player in the squad, which at times cost us dearly. And I suggest "Derby City" was unforgivable. Not for me. I don't understand this weird fixation with bringing players back - Shinnie would be madness too. Move on, please.

Totally agree 

I think NML is the one I have the most question marks over, purely on the number of clubs he's had, but I feel like we can pull the same trick as we did with Ravel. Trust him, let him know he has a home here.

I can't believe we've actually signed some proper wingers! No more Sibley or Knight out in the middle of nowhere!

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Is it because of the repayment of the creditors over the two years I wonder? One slip up of that and who knows. 

Or just because we’ll need better players for the PL in two years ?

That’s plausible tbf, suspect they don’t want us committing to too many long term expenses until we’ve proven our recovery.

You saying Cashin won’t be Prem quality ?

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the championship I totally agree but we will still need people who can head that ball away in league one from midfield especially if the likes of Belick move on - I didn’t want Johnson in the first place but we may well need him in the third division 

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think NML is the one I have the most question marks over, purely on the number of clubs he's had, but I feel like we can pull the same trick as we did with Ravel. Trust him, let him know he has a home here.

I can't believe we've actually signed some proper wingers! No more Sibley or Knight out in the middle of nowhere!

We have signed a couple of experienced wide players which we need and NML is capable of being very good on his day but how many good days can we get from him in much the same way as Morrison last season 

Maybe you can't count the likes of Bielik who may be on his way, and Byrne and Buchanan who there is speculation on, but at least after today we look like we could cobble together an XI that would be competitive as things stand.

Wildsmith

Byrne Cashin Bielik Buchanan

Knight Bird Thompson

Barkhuizen Stretton Mendez-Laing

It's only the beginning and subject to change, but it's a good start!!

Personally buzzing by these signings so far. There's going to be a huge limit on who we can sign but we should still be able to attract the better free agents at this level. Fingers crossed LR can put together a relatively competitive team in time from all this ??

Cashin resigning is immense. Him and Davies are pivotal for our defense.

Edited by I Am Sheep
Rosenior's initials

28 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We made him an offer and he preferred to spend 12 months on his arse.  Not sure what he wanted really.  He'd spent 4 months out getting injured taking a penalty.  Right decision at the time for me. 

That was Darren Bent, silly.

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Maybe you can't count the likes of Bielik who may be on his way, and Byrne and Buchanan who there is speculation on, but at least after today we look like we could cobble together an XI that would be competitive as things stand.

Wildsmith

Byrne Cashin Bielik Buchanan

Knight Bird Thompson

Barkhuizen Stretton Mendez-Laing

It's only the beginning and subject to change, but it's a good start!!

You don’t think Curtis will sign then ?