New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Can I say how great it is to see the change of tone. No more bland, evasive statements hoping to avoid talking about delays and bad news. Now it’s jokes, emojis and a bit of swagger. Lovely to see us get some of our mojo back. If we can combine that confidence with the positivity we grew last year in our support, it could be a very special season. 

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is potentially a great signing at this level, but he does come with baggage. I hope there's a clause in his contract that if he tests positive again the club has the right to dismiss him and he has to repay the wages paid out to him.

It may well be he's learnt his lesson and is a reformed character and can be a good influence on the youth. Let's hope so.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Need to be convinced on this one but hope he works hard and proves me wrong ?

Fresh start for all involved. NML has made mistakes in the past, as have many of us, everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. He’s a ram now, let’s hope we see some of that pace and power he’s shown in the past.

What a refreshing 48 hours it’s been. I’ve been optimistic throughout this process and am very pleased to know I wasn’t completely insane to be so ? 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Can I say how great it is to see the change of tone. No more bland, evasive statements hoping to avoid talking about delays and bad news. Now it’s jokes, emojis and a bit of swagger. Lovely to see us get some of our mojo back. If we can combine that confidence with the positivity we grew last year in our support, it could be a very special season. 

Joyful isn't it. Reading some responses on Twitter from fans of other clubs, who mock our excitement (but seem to spend all their time on our timelines) they just dont get what even being able to sign someone again means to us. We have a club back, and it feels great!

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fresh start for all involved. NML has made mistakes in the past, as have many of us, everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. He’s a ram now, let’s hope we see some of that pace and power he’s shown in the past

Reminds me of Wagg at Derbyshire, sacked due to the stupidity of youth (drugs) and noone would touch him, came to us and proved himself a changed man. Like you say let's give the boy a chance he may have a thing to prove.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fresh start for all involved. NML has made mistakes in the past, as have many of us, everyone deserves a chance to move on from their mistakes. He’s a ram now, let’s hope we see some of that pace and power he’s shown in the past.

What a refreshing 48 hours it’s been. I’ve been optimistic throughout this process and am very pleased to know I wasn’t completely insane to be so ? 

Nothing to do with his off the field antics, more concerned what he is doing on it ?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:
Great news this one!!! Cashin signing is big for both now and the future, hope he’s followed by a few of the other’s ? 

It is great news - he’s as talented as any of the youngsters. Just wonder whether we have Curtis to thank for this. Plenty will have been telling him he needs a championship football 

Edited by kevinhectoring

Don't want to come across as greedy as we had a great start to the weekend with the takeover, the middle has piqued our interest with a few new signings/extensions, but it wouldn't half be nice to end it tomorrow with a few more!  Curtis can conclude proceedings in the new kit and armband followed by Rosenior talking about signing his 2 year deal (as thats what they all seem to be) and his plans to get us back into the Championship.

Its been a long time since we've been allowed to feel optimistic ?  

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not taking this person/account to be ITK, however IF those others have indeed signed on it’s brilliant news and that kind of experience kept in the squad is exactly what the likes of NML will need to help him succeed. Davies and CKR will have him under their wings straight away

A midfield in league one of Hourihane, Bird, Johnson would frankly be a bit of a piss take ?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta