New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

51 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Lucky to have club, forget about the shirts

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Nah. The club is saved so now is the time to discuss and comment on the less traumatic topics such as the kits. 

41 minutes ago, David said:

At what point are we allowed to move on and discuss kits, signings, games, the nitty gritty without being seen as ungrateful that we still have a club to support?

Just wait.....The Wagatha - Vardy verdict is due out at Midday.

Not a huge fan of the home one. A little too busy for me.

Plus with black shorts and socks, I'm not actually sure this makes it especially easy for players to pick each other out. How often do we see at PP the oppo team wear dark shirts and then all you have is the shirts to split them.

I'm a fan of a single colour top to bottom with a fade of the shirt on the background. These kits don't appear that good for me.

I was initially a bit disappointed with the kits as for some reason I thought we had had lots of good ones from Umbro.

However, having looked back on our kit history, we've had some very boring kits since the 90s. There is the odd exception - the 15/16 home shirt, the black Avon Tyres one, the zebra kits, but generally we don't get a lot of imagination into our kits.

It baffles me that Umbro don't do a competition and let fans have a go at designing them - there are so many that people do on here or social media that would sell out so quickly. It would be great to get an explanation why that can't happen.

I'm assuming we will get a new supplier next year, but not sure who I would want atm. Castore maybe?

There have been some great kits out this year, and some absolutely insane ones. It's a shame ours are so.... meh. Even the attempt at something a bit different on the home shirt looks like a bog standard shirt with tyre marks over one corner.

19 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I was initially a bit disappointed with the kits as for some reason I thought we had had lots of good ones from Umbro.

However, having looked back on our kit history, we've had some very boring kits since the 90s. There is the odd exception - the 15/16 home shirt, the black Avon Tyres one, the zebra kits, but generally we don't get a lot of imagination into our kits.

It baffles me that Umbro don't do a competition and let fans have a go at designing them - there are so many that people do on here or social media that would sell out so quickly. It would be great to get an explanation why that can't happen.

I'm assuming we will get a new supplier next year, but not sure who I would want atm. Castore maybe?

There have been some great kits out this year, and some absolutely insane ones. It's a shame ours are so.... meh. Even the attempt at something a bit different on the home shirt looks like a bog standard shirt with tyre marks over one corner.

Only hear bad things about the quality of Castore shirts - Rangers, Villa and Newcastle.

Has to be Hummel (albeit they've had some slip ups with Everton this season) or Jako

37 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

As a graphic designer who has worked at places that have held social media competitions for people to have a go at designing things, it is much quicker and easier just to do the design work yourself. 99% of the submitted efforts have errors or don't take into account printing processes or other things that affect how good or bad a design is.

I love it when people suggest that anyone can design because they've seen some other efforts online. I wouldn't suggest that people should become a football manager because they've watched a few matches in their time.

At the end of the day, a design is never going to please everyone. We all have our own tastes and opinions, and we're all welcome to them. The task at hand is to design something that engages with the client and/or their customers. As you can see here, we've got a few people disgruntled that the home kit is too busy, but when we've released kits with a plainer design (last 2 seasons for example), a lot of people have asked for a more interesting design.

All in all, Umbro haven't been as terrible as you've let on. I don't think I'd want a Castore kit though, they seem to be the next Macron/Joma from what I've seen of their stuff over the last couple of years. As they get more clubs in their portfolio they will soon be serving out templated kits to those lower down the pecking order.

I quite like recent Puma kits and they seem to do different things for lower league clubs too. I don't think we've ever had a Nike kit, so perhaps that's another one to go for so we've used all the recent major players.

Edited by roboto

38 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I really hope it’s someone like Hummel next season - their designs are so smart and unfussy generally. Umbro’s are just awful.

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Those diagonal black stripes on the home kit look stupid. Plain white tops for me everytime ? 

Great way to lose out on revenue.

Plain white shirt, everyone who wants one buys one. Next season, plain white shirt again, but everyone who wanted one already bought one last year, so that's most of your sales down the toilet.

Better for something to look 'stupid' to some people and appeal to others, than to bore the bits off everyone.

Plain shirts are utterly pointless.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

48 minutes ago, roboto said:

As a graphic designer who has worked at places that have held social media competitions for people to have a go at designing things, it is much quicker and easier just to do the design work yourself. 99% of the submitted efforts have errors or don't take into account printing processes or other things that affect how good or bad a design is.

I love it when people suggest that anyone can design because they've seen some other efforts online. I wouldn't suggest that people should become a football manager because they've watched a few matches in their time.

At the end of the day, a design is never going to please everyone. We all have our own tastes and opinions, and we're all welcome to them. The task at hand is to design something that engages with the client and/or their customers. As you can see here, we've got a few people disgruntled that the home kit is too busy, but when we've released kits with a plainer design (last 2 seasons for example), a lot of people have asked for a more interesting design.

All in all, Umbro haven't been as terrible as you've let on. I don't think I'd want a Castore kit though, they seem to be the next Macron/Joma from what I've seen of their stuff over the last couple of years. As they get more clubs in their portfolio they will soon be serving out templated kits to those lower down the pecking order.

I quite like recent Puma kits and they seem to do different things for lower league clubs too. I don't think we've ever had a Nike kit, so perhaps that's another one to go for so we've used all the recent major players.

Yep, Puma kits look really nice.

I know it comes down to commercials but I’d love to see us go with Puma next season.

I like the home and 3rd kit. Away is okay. Just can’t wait for the tip off prices to be announced. I know it is beyond the control of the club and lies with the manufacturer but prices are ridiculous. For the past few kits I’ve sourced my shirts from elsewhere and the quality is very good. Worn for each game and also for playing in weekly. All for £25. Also kids come with shorts for £25. So £75 for me and my lads to be kitted out. 

Football kit pricing along with pretty much every aspect of football needs addressing.