Lee Gregory (again)

Fraser_23

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Wonder who our next target is - I wait with baited breath to see the player who was deemed as the backup alternative to a 35 year old Lee Gregory. 

He might have been a smokescreen to keep us vultures away from the true deal. Each new player we’re linked with is slagged off, so they will want to keep their powder dry on their real targets.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Wonder who our next target is - I wait with baited breath to see the player who was deemed as the backup alternative to a 35 year old Lee Gregory. 

Is there a back up for Lee Gregory 🤣  odds are we sign someone with 1 leg and no teeth.  

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Feed the fish and he will score…

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I feel like the club aren't daft enough to have put all their eggs in the Sheffield Wednesday basket, right?

Right?

....right?

I reckon so, but only time will tell, can see a similar situation to the loan yesterday in that the name will probably leak shortly before the announcement 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

So we tried signing our number 1 target from Sheff Weds, the players wants to come, but the deal doesn't happen because Sheffield Wednesdays owner is an arse and won't negotiate unless we pay over the odds.

We then leave it a few days and ring back say, OK we don't want Smith now but can we have Gregory...player wants to come, but deal doesn't happen due to Sheff Weds owner being an arse and not willing to negotiate unless we pay over the odds.

Is there anyone else at Sheff Weds we could try for?

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So we tried signing our number 1 target from Sheff Weds, the players wants to come, but the deal doesn't happen because Sheffield Wednesdays owner is an arse and won't negotiate unless we pay over the odds.

We then leave it a few days and ring back say, OK we don't want Smith now but can we have Gregory...player wants to come, but deal doesn't happen due to Sheff Weds owner being an arse and not willing to negotiate unless we pay over the odds.

Is there anyone else at Sheff Weds we could try for?

Could we not pop down the road to United and get Arblaster some quality game time at an ambitious club?

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Could we not pop down the road to United and get Arblaster some quality game time at an ambitious club?

I don’t think we should be spending our deadline day trying to sign players for Portsmouth on their behalf.