LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

53 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Would like to see us try and poach Kabongo Tshimanga from chesterfield scoring for fun there, wouldn’t mind Rúben Rodrigues from Notts county either both wouldn’t have to move far and shouldn’t be a lot of money 

Kabongo is out injured mate, but he was on fire early season.

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Matty Longstaff on loan from Newcastle, Lynden Gooch from Sunderland, Daryl Horgan from Wycombe and John Marquis from Lincoln

Longstaff was dire at Aberdeen this season. He'd be nothing more than a squad filler, and you'd want any EPL loan players to add a bit of stardust. 

Perhaps Rooney might get a tune out of him. 

Acknowledge both of these have been injured but Tshimanga would probably be top of my list and, in the likely event Lawrence was to leave, should we be looking at bringing Michael Jacobs back? Not really sure why it didn't work out for him with us but would be excellent for helping us try and get out of L1.

Could Rooney be interested in Patrick Roberts again? Understand he only signed a short term contract at Sunderland.

Burton fans will love me saying this but Oumar Niasse once he’s demonstrated fitness would be a shout. RD saying now he’s played some games looks a class above L1 level. Also my near neighbour McGoldrick is probably out of contract, Red Dog fan though, but would be in keeping with our recent Geriatric signings.

Those who said Barkhuizen, excellent shout if we can get him to drop down a league. Hope we can convince Jags to come back, maybe Stearman and keep everyone else except Bielik Lawrence and maybe Knight who will probably go and we could be in a good place. I also think that’s realistic and would be inside the business plan.

The key next season is to tie down Ravel. Think with a full preseason behind him building on the confidence he’s gained this season  he could dominate the league next season, he’s been excellent in recent weeks and was immediately our best player when he came on against QPR.

I'd like to see James Wilson back at Derby. He was unlucky when with us before and has dropped down the levels to get game time and find fitness. Played 38 games for Port Vale, only 8 goals - but still one of those players who is too good for league two and has a point to prove.

Johnny Williams also in league two playing for Swindon. Surprised hes only 28.

Edited by BBG83

5 hours ago, BBG83 said:

I'd like to see James Wilson back at Derby. He was unlucky when with us before and has dropped down the levels to get game time and find fitness. Played 38 games for Port Vale, only 8 goals - but still one of those players who is too good for league two and has a point to prove.

James wilson is a younger jack wilshire injury wise isnt he?

The other thing to remember is that we will be on a business plan which involves making payments to creditors, if we default on that then we will be in trouble with EFL again! We are also limited to a % of turnover for our wage bill. So whoever we sign will have to fit into that scenario. 

My expectations on signings are not very high!

I do think Niasse & Roberts would be very good signings as well as Ellis Simms from Everton - these 3 would improve our attacking threat which is a key area for improvement next season. Id also take Kasey Palmer back, think he would do well in League 1. Could see us maybe going for someone like Aden Flint too.

Alot of Championship players out of contract this summer so will be interesting to see who drops down a level.

Alot will depend on who we manage to keep & who we end up having to sell.

13 hours ago, BBG83 said:

Wilson has had a lot of chances to prove his point. He's just not very good anymore.